Wednesday - V - Fleetwood Town OMDT

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Simon Grayson grinds my gears for some reason. 

I felt similar until I spent some time with him on a charity fundraising weekend, the week we sacked Stuart Gray. He was a top bloke. Very friendly, happy to chat football and anything else and was gutted for Gray. 

• Like 2

Expect a few changes tonight as minutes shared around to gain match fitness and preserve others energy levels. 

No disrespect intended, but these are the games we should win in this league, If we are to challenge at the top end. Not an easy game by any means and the type of game the the Wednesday team of the last couple of seasons would struggle against, potentially lose. It's now we need to show our quality and some consistency on the pitch. 

Travelled up to Sheffield last night, ready for this game, my first of the season, cant wait. 

1-0 Wednesday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Likewise, I think Hutch could and should be rested tonight. Let’s see what our new left-footed Gibson looks like with Iorfa. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Dom’s achilles rested instead.

could have gibson and Dunkley go in, quite a lot of change for a settled back line though

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.8d9f19a69efb186ff4bc6299f219cdca.png

"Fleetwood Town eh. Well there's a phrase I never thought I'd see appearing on the big sign "Next game: Fleetwood Town". Well, not without it being a Cup game"

"Ahh, we've already arrived at this stage have we ,Sir?"

"What stage?"

"The conceited stage, Sir,  where you start talking about these tiny clubs, and how you can't believe that massive Wednesday are having to play them in the football League. Sir"

"Not at all! There'll be no tin-pot comments from me! These clubs are where they are on merit. Or in our case , lack of it! Anyway, what do we know about them?"

"We know they have reformed a lot"

"Reformed?"

"They started off as Fleetwood in 1908"

"Yes..."

"Then in 1928 they became Fleetwood Windsor Villa"

"They should have kept that one!"

"They were then Fleetwood Town"

"Right ho, lets crack on"

"I haven't finished, Sir. They then , eventually, settled on Fleetwood Wanderers"

"Hang on, I thought they were Fleetwood Town again?!"

"They're known as Fleetwood Town"

"Fleetwood Wanderers , but known as Town, it sounds like a fiddle somewhere down the line that does! You get that down here you know.  It's all a bit tin-po.."

"Sir!"

"Sorry. Sorry."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

-V-

Fleetwood Town

image.png.a365aa5b818c5c92cf1905c4a38de738.png

Hillsborough

Kick off: 745pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

image.png.b807c4f439b31db43a4c3683192e003a.png

Owls Boss Darren Moore may make changes to the side which beat Doncaster on Saturday. The owls have another derby game on Saturday against Rotherham and the Owls supremo may rest players with the games now coming thick and fast and many of his players arriving at the club with no pre-season to speak of.  

Lee Gregory maybe given some game time to sharpen up, and Jaden Brown is pushing for a recall after a good cameo against Rovers.

image.png.e3f6538481b94df9d05f740034f3d2c0.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fleetwood Town

image.png.74d68f10f6be0403363cc86fb459dd45.png

Fleetwood manager Simon Grayson has a relatively small squad to pick from and says he is pleased with their general play. The only possible change on the cards is  Jay Matete coming in for Sheffield born Harrison Biggins. 

The Cod Army are still looking for their first win of the season.

image.png.5eaf19149bca94fe42cec30aad2b900e.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sheffield born Harrison Biggins".

Is that Wayne's lad?

• Like 1

My first visit to Hillsborough since (100% correctly) leaving at about 3.30pm against Derby, Feb 2020.

A few weeks after that, I took the option to take my ST refund as a credit at the ticket office.

To my absolute astonishment, when I went online to book tickets on Sunday, the credit was there waiting for me. So: free tickets. I mean, obviously not free tickets; but you know what I mean.

I even took out a membership.

V much at a stage where I'd struggle to recall even names of new recruits, let alone position, origin, age, etc. But I am looking forward to this.

• Like 1

This is the type of game it’s always hard for players to get in the right mindset for. But the Cod Army will be no pushovers and have been in this division and doing Ok for a good few years. We do have the players to beat them but I’d still be starting with the ‘must not lose’ mentality for the first 60mins and then using some quality off the bench to try to secure the three points. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love all out attack but it’s still very early days with the squad and I’d rather be moaning about a 0-0 than a loss!

• Like 2

A few calls for personnel changes. Understandable, but do we risk disrupting, and possibly dropping points as a consequence, when coming up against a team we expect / need to beat?

For me, the keeper, back four, and Bannan/Adeniran are must starts.

Wing and the front three could be rested.

We need to avoid dropping stupid points and get off to a solid start, so strongest team plays for me. 

• Like 4

It's all very exciting, new teams, new civilizations, it's time to boldly go again.

Not sure I like the idea of resting players though, firstly Fleetwood aren't necessarily going to be a pushover, and secondly we've only played three matches so they're not even settled in yet.

But frankly I don't care as long as we get another result, DM's got his.

Come on Wednesday!