Wednesday - V - Fleetwood Town OMDT

I don't think we need to rest anyone at this stage, get the team putting minutes in on the pitch and gelling together. After 60 minutes, make subs to impact the game or protect some if we are in a position to do so. 

The impact of subs this season excites me, as when teams are resolute and difficult to break down we've got options on the bench. We could have a front 3 of Johnson, Gregory and Windass whilst still having Corbeanu, Sow, Green or Kamberi to come on. Plus if it's a game we want to protect a lead we've got the likes of Luongo and Gibson or Palmer that could come on in place of Wing, Hutchinson or Brown. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

could have gibson and Dunkley go in, quite a lot of change for a settled back line though

Its early days and personality I used to like to get that first fhalf a dozen games in to make sure I was fully fit, sharp and up to speed. 

Due to so many incoming players and many still gelling snd finding their feet it's important for me to try keep a settled side first 5/6 games or so if we can. Hence I'd go with the same starting 11 and make some changes second half if anyone looks to be tiring. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

could have gibson and Dunkley go in, quite a lot of change for a settled back line though

Iorfa Gibson tonight

Dunkley Hutch Saturday

?

I do think there’ll be something like that. Or maybe your suggestion - Dunkley Gibson.

After tonight we only play Saturdays for a while. I’ve noticed (I think) there are fewer midweek games this season.

So it’s here. The Tram Derby. 

Some have said that Simon Grayson is not their cup of tea.  At least he’s got to be better than their previous manager, Joey Fruitloop Barton? So glad he won’t be rocking up at Hillsborough tonight, scrapping with anyone and everyone.

Hope the boys keep things ticking along tonight. Suspect it will be a tight game though. I’m going for 2-1 to us.

Up the Owls.

”Our tram’s better than your tram”. 

27 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

No disrespect but who are Fleetwood's better players? 

I've not heard of any of them tbf, but apart from Bostock I'd never heard of any of Doncaster's players either or the vast majority of Charlton's. Always used to switch the EFL highlights off after the Championship games you see.

I was thinking they must be one of the better squads in the division because I remember watching them in the playoffs last season, but having looked they finished 15th which confused me until I realised it was the season before they were top 6, over a year ago. Lockdown really messes with your head. 

• Like 1

Good to see we haven’t been inundated with the obvious puns for once.We are better than that.

Fans thinking Fleetwood will flounder are misguided. They’ve spread their net far and wide trawling for talent. But if we harbour hopes of the play-offs it’s a game we must win.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

No disrespect but who are Fleetwood's better players? 

The captain Rossiter is highly rated ex Liverpool academy product and spent time with Rangers.

Up top they've got Callum Morton on loan from West Brom.

I don't think tonight will be an easy game, think Grayson will set them up difficult to break down, hopefully we have enough to turn them over though.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Good to see we haven’t been inundated with the obvious puns for once.We are better than that.

Fans thinking Fleetwood will flounder are misguided. They’ve spread their net far and wide trawling for talent. But if we harbour hopes of the play-offs it’s a game we must win.

Agreed. If we don’t take Minnows like Fleetwood seriously then there will be no point carping on about it we don’t get a result!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Oh my cod, you’ve started something now. Hopefully we’re bream-img with confidence after Saturday. I’m hoping DM gets a good tuna out of our front line tonight and that they put in a turbot-charged performance.

For f’s hake…..

• Haha 7