Wednesday - V - Fleetwood Town OMDT

26 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

At least he’s got to be better than their previous manager, Joey Fruitloop Barton? So glad he won’t be rocking up at Hillsborough tonight, scrapping with anyone and everyone.

You get the sense that Moore’s a lover rather than a fighter, but I’d still back him to launch the little *alleged* wife-beating ****** into the Don in about three seconds if he was thick enough to have a pop.

Didn’t Fleetwood have Ched Evans at one point as well? They sound like a nice family club

• Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Torn between whether we should rest the likes of Iorfa and Hutchinson v keeping a settled team.

Eh? Resting players..yo dou realise this is a league game and not the pizza cup..ridiculous post :duntmatter:

We’re pretty much just playing Saturdays in the league until the end of next month, I’d keep as strong and settled a team for the league as possible and give new lads minutes off the bench/U23 games/pizza cup games to get them up to speed before matches start flying in thick and fast

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Eh? Resting players..yo dou realise this is a league game and not the pizza cup..ridiculous post :duntmatter:

Yep more about potential injury prevention rather than resting because they might be "tired". Just concerned about Iorfa having just come back from serious injury and always concerned when hutch plays back to back midweek games. 

Having said that I am more confident of Hutch not picking up injuries when playing at centre back than centre mid.

Really want to see us come out the traps - we need to start doing this early doors. 

Comments from the camp are saying we're starting to click, let's see it - a frightening first half with some goals in there and settle the nerves early doors. 

I honestly think if we go 2-0 in any game, teams will struggle to break us down with our GK and defence and we will probably end up with 3/4 in the end with our pace in the counter attack. 

• Like 1

Wednesday v Fleetwood Town

When I went to my first Wednesday match back in the VERY early 60s, who would have believed that such a fixture would ever have existed (except as as a strange 3rd round cup match that we would have won by something enormous to nil)? And yet here we are, on, apparently, the sme footing with the  unbelievable possibility that we might actually lose to a team scratched together from village idiots and cobblers..😄

They're probably much better than that, though!

Come on, Wednesday - take me back to the days of Peter Swan and David Layne and let's make it double figures this time!!!

Come on Wednesday.................

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice OMDT m’lud, as we all appreciate. Another solid performance at the back and a sneaky 1-0 will do to send “the Cod Army” flapping their fins back to Fleetwood. Gregory with the goal, or anyone else from the 10 outfielders, come along now you blue and white wiizzzaaarrrrds!

Looking forward to this one. So much positivity it feels weird, but very welcome nonetheless. 

I don't know much about the opposites, will know more about them later on I suppose! Hopefully we'll have a bit more quality which will have us taking the 3 points. Oh and I'd like to see any of our new strikers getting on the score sheet please along with another clean sheet for our defence.

UTO

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Likewise, I think Hutch could and should be rested tonight. Let’s see what our new left-footed Gibson looks like with Iorfa. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Dom’s achilles rested instead.

Hutch was saying on the WTID podcast last week that playing Saturday-Tuesday suits him down to the ground, so pretty sure he’ll be starting.

• Thanks 1