Wednesday - V - Fleetwood Town OMDT

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Wednesday v Fleetwood Town

When I went to my first Wednesday match back in the VERY early 60s, who would have believed that such a fixture would ever have existed (except as as a strange 3rd round cup match that we would have won by something enormous to nil)? And yet here we are, on, apparently, the sme footing with the  unbelievable possibility that we might actually lose to a team scratched together from village idiots and cobblers..😄

They're probably much better than that, though!

Come on, Wednesday - take me back to the days of Peter Swan and David Layne and let's make it double figures this time!!!

Come on Wednesday.................

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!

And if anyone gets sent off, on with the cushions!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

SET THE DOG LOOS AND WE BEAT THE FLEET   !!    !

Time the striker hit one

LET GO OWL!   

7 POINT OUT 9 AND WE ON THE WAY  WE ON THE WAY   !!

ps- I go south stand on saturday last and could not get pint of THE WEDNESDAY  

Did you ask in English?

• Haha 2

Don't underestimate any team especially smaller teams coming to Hillsborough.. Don't rest anyone as need a settled team with good substitutes which are as important as starting 11.

Need to make Hillsborough a fortress this season. 

Fleetwood have been narrowly beaten by 3 pretty decent sides so far this season, I'm not expecting a walk-over. Aside from the derby factor making Doncaster step up their game, this could well be a more difficult side to play against. I'll take a win however it comes.

I certainly wouldn't be resting anyone in the back 5 just to save them for 'harder' matches. They should only be changed if they actually need the break.

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Fleetwood have been narrowly beaten by 3 pretty decent sides so far this season, I'm not expecting a walk-over. Aside from the derby factor making Doncaster step up their game, this could well be a more difficult side to play against. I'll take a win however it comes.

I certainly wouldn't be resting anyone in the back 5 just to save them for 'harder' matches. They should only be changed if they actually need the break.

This.

That said. I totally trust Moore to manage our players effectively in terms of their fitness. Gone are the days of Carlos letting Lee pretty much kill off the back end of his career, and Pulis admitting to playing Luongo whilst he was still injured (and having him breakdown a few games later).

Moore is Mr Sensible and I like that. Hutchinson would choose to play if his leg was hanging off, but I trust Moore to make appropriate decisions for him.

Cheers for that, Lord Snoots!

Keep up the momentum, Wednesday, and don't make light of Fleetwood... as mentioned, they're here on merit and probably would kill to claim Wednesday's scalp, so even if we rest some for next weekend's derby, got to stay sharp tonight!

One match a time, would rather we win this comfortably and then see where we go Saturday, as opposed to drawing (or even losing!) and then facing Rotherham without having "started a streak" so to speak. 😉

But in some ways, more important than the score I'd like to see a dominant performance. We haven't created much so far, so in a funny kind of way I would be happier if we created a hatful of chances, the front 3 started to gel, but missed them and get an unlucky draw than if we put in a lethargic performance but scraped a win as it would show this team has more gears that we haven't seen yet.

• Like 1