Bailey Peacock-Farrell - £300,000

We desperately need a keeper but if we are paying wages on top of a loan fee then it’s a definite no for me. 

He’s a decent keeper and nothing more, it’s all very well saying he’s an international but he has no decent competition for the number 1 shirt for Northern Ireland. There should be other better value options available.

I don’t understand why some people

think signing a goalkeeper means we aren’t looking at strikers or that we’re using money on a goalkeeper that we need for a striker.

The two areas are totally separate of each other and it doesn’t mean the clubs spending all their time about a goalkeeper and ignoring strikers.

Theres probably numerous conversations about strikers ongoing. 

Ultimately if Darren Moore thinks Peacock Farrell is a good signing for the deal then I’ll support it, because they have access to what finances we have and we don’t. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Surely we could pickup a keeper for 300k that could do a job without it being temporary.

Moore clearly interested in him for a reason and 300k would be well spent, albeit temporarily, especially when you consider the amount of wages we now have off the books. 

But I tell you what, Burnley are very tight making a club pay his wages. A club that earns millions in tv money every season, barely spend any money on transfers or wages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

We weren't under a constant embargo when we had Carson & Turner mind.

Reckon the loan market has changed drastically since then too, back then was more used to get promising players first team minutes, now it seems like Premier League loans are done a means to make money and prop up the balance sheets

There's always money in the banana stand I suppose

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jwowl said:

Jamal Blackman? 

I’m seeing this  suggesting a lot he’s literally one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen 

a laughing stock at Rotherham they ended up dropping him for second half of season I think 

http://millersreporter.com/features/opinion-blackman-the-latest-in-a-long-line-of-millers-scapegoats/

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

But I tell you what, Burnley are very tight making a club pay his wages. A club that earns millions in tv money every season, barely spend any money on transfers or wages. 

I agree… but if we were in the same position, we’d probably want Wednesday to do exactly the same

There is something wrong if we can't replace our Keepers with tier 5/6 staff.

Personally I Think Wildsmith and Dawson have had 

• Their confidence undermined by our recent chop and change attitude of our succesion of managers.
  • Further errosion of confidence created by the displeasure of the fan base because of the managers; Fresh start though, won't repair. 

The loss of Rhodes too was a key factor. Good luck to both Wildsmith and Dawson.