Bailey Peacock-Farrell - £300,000

Torn on this one.

£300k to have a quality keeper this season seems like the right thing to do, I still believe (or maybe just hope) that we can get a striker or two in and be in contention for a top 6 slot. A decent keeper is crucial to that.

On the other side, I’m disappointed we didn’t go after Griffiths who has gone to Lincoln, and also the fact that we’re in a position where we need to painstakingly agonise over whether or not we can afford a £300k loan. But that’s where we are.

• Like 2

We need a better keeper for sure but surely strikers have to be our number one two and three priorities at the moment? I just can’t face watching a striker free season, and can’t have another year of endlessly hearing my dad tell me over and over now we shouldn’t have let Nuhiu go. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Anyone know anything about Luke Jackson?  19 yrs old and is one of our own keepers, considering how bad Dawson and Wildsmith are would rather give this lad a go than spunk 300k up the wall on a loan.

He’s supposed to be decent, Wildsmith and Dawson were at that age as well...even if not both of them perhaps one actually should of been good enough, if it were not for being thrown in to early..

34 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

We need a better keeper for sure but surely strikers have to be our number one two and three priorities at the moment? I just can’t face watching a striker free season, and can’t have another year of endlessly hearing my dad tell me over and over now we shouldn’t have let Nuhiu go. 

Agree.   Dawson or Wildsmith don't ship so many goals per game, as to make recovery impossible,  but clean sheets are not expected with either of them in goal.  If SWFC could have scored just 2 goals per game nobody would  be talking about goalkeeper problems.  We are likely going to start the season with them,  so I'd look towards scoring,  rather than GK's.  

Clean sheets don't win matches,  goals do.  0-0 FT, nobody wins,  it's just another draw.  I'm not saying that GK is not important,  just that at this moment, SWFC has no other choice than to focus on scoring goals,  because the GK position, is weak.  

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

When we didn't have a pot to pi$$ in we had Iain Turner and Scott Carson years ago 

Now we haven't got a pot to pi$$ in again and we can't bring anyone in, even on better wages.

We weren't under a constant embargo when we had Carson & Turner mind.

Reckon the loan market has changed drastically since then too, back then was more used to get promising players first team minutes, now it seems like Premier League loans are done a means to make money and prop up the balance sheets