Bannan playmaker in league two or liability?

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

As a playmaker.

It's League One.

Two strikers up top:  Deeper lying, target man forward (Paterson); pace merchant, more flair player (Windass).  Balls in from Bannan.

Let's not get all trying to re-invent the wheel here.

... and the idea that a passer and player of Bannan's ability in League One would be a liability is asinine.

Congratulations I think that’s the first time I’ve seen the word asinine used on owlstalk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Bannan will probably be instructed to pass the ball sideways and backwards in an attempt to keep the game at 0-0

When our opponents score he’ll be told to pass it more sideways than backwards to try and keep the score 1-0

After losing yet another game Moore will say something about how hard the lads tried and we go again against Burton on Tuesday night

Cant wait to reach a new low with these useless clowns next season 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I like BB, he is a good player and has been a fabulous servant to the club.

BUT

He's on his last legs, he slows our play down terribly, will get knocked off the ball by blokes a foot taller than him next season and costs an absolute fortune for a 3rd tier midfielder.

If another club came in with 250K for him, I would snap their hands off and get in 2/3 young energetic mobile players better suited to the task in hand.

Got to be 350K shurely

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

As a playmaker.

It's League One.

Two strikers up top:  Deeper lying, target man forward (Paterson); pace merchant, more flair player (Windass).  Balls in from Bannan.

Let's not get all trying to re-invent the wheel here.

... and the idea that a passer and player of Bannan's ability in League One would be a liability is asinine.

windass as a flair player is a bit of a stretch 

7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

We seem at the moment to have retained a quality defensive group.

We've got the most expensive playmaker in the division..how should DM use him?

Never mind Bannan, talk me through this Quality defensive group ? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

BUT

He's on his last legs, he slows our play down terribly, will get knocked off the ball by blokes a foot taller than him next season and costs an absolute fortune for a 3rd tier midfielder.

If another club came in with 250K for him, I would snap their hands off and get in 2/3 young energetic mobile players better suited to the task in hand.

What a complete load of twaddle - keep sniffing the cheese

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

BUT

What 3 good young energetic mobile players are we getting for 250k? That are fit to tie bannans laces?

Ie ones that would help us get promoted because we lose £8m a season in tv revenue every season we’re down here?

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 1

I think Bannan should spend his summer learning how to shoot at the goal, for such a gifted player his goal return is appalling, Liam Palmer has scored more goals from open play than Bannan in the last 60 games. Yes Liam, the bloke that score one goal every decade.

I expect at least double figures in the goal column from Bannan next season.

7 hours ago, camffiti said:

Let Bannan receive the ball off our panicky back line and pick out the runners (that we don't currently have) 

bannan should be used behind the attack, to put forwards in on goal with one pass.

NEVER in that useless quarterback role.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1