Bannan playmaker in league two or liability?

I keep seeing that DM is a 4-2-3-1 man.  As much as I rate BB I cannot for the life of me see where he fits in that system.

Also got to say I never realised how posters knew the intimate details of each player’s contract.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Will people stop with this quarterback bullshytte 

it’s not American football ffs 

Successive managers have tried to make him play further forward, and he has spells during games he does but it's engrained in him to drop deep to get the ball.   Ain't no changing his style now, Moore better believe that to make the most out of him.

I expect one up top next season to accommodate Bannan dropping so deep constantly and make the most out of it.    Strangely I remember him being most effective though when finding himself out wide on the left.   

Edited by Salmonbones

On 29/05/2021 at 13:49, Salmonbones said:

it's engrained in him to drop deep to get the ball. 

It's only ingrained in him because we haven't had a defensive midfielder who canfucking pass the ball...Luongo perhaps when fit...otherwise he wouldn't have to go and get the ball to start things up every time FFS

26 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I like Bannan & was pleased when he signed his new deal but if Biggs figure of £27k a week is anywhere near true then we need to sell him as soon as possible.

There has o be a buyer or someone willing to pay those wages for someone who has had a terrible season, can't shoot, score, assist or defend, it is why he is still with us.

The main issue when you have a class player with vision, is finding enough others on the same wavelength.

Bannan turns, twists, sees the space for his colleague to run into, and puts the pass on a sixpence. Unfortunately, little Jaydan Umbertango, signed from Greenwich Rovers, fails to anticipate the pass.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, should know better said:

There has o be a buyer or someone willing to pay those wages for someone who has had a terrible season, can't shoot, score, assist or defend, it is why he is still with us.

Careful, you will have the Bannan fanboys after you with comments like that. You are aware that Bannan = Messi and must not be criticised even through the medium of modern dance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The main issue when you have a class player with vision, is finding enough others on the same wavelength.

Bannan turns, twists, sees the space for his colleague to run into, and puts the pass on a sixpence. Unfortunately, little Jaydan Umbertango, signed from Greenwich Rovers, fails to anticipate the pass.

But why can’t he do it all on his own? I mean he earns as much as an entire team at this level so I’d expect him to be that effective, or maybe, just maybe we don’t get value for money from him and those funds would be better spent on a team than a player? 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 08:34, Sham67 said:

I keep seeing that DM is a 4-2-3-1 man.  As much as I rate BB I cannot for the life of me see where he fits in that system.

Also got to say I never realised how posters knew the intimate details of each player’s contract.

Really?!

I couldn't disagree more with this one.

Play 4-2-3-1 and put Bannan in the actual 10 spot, as a central attacking midfielder.  Let him distribute from there and make the occasional run into the box in possession. 

We'd need to actually get a defensive midfielder who was comfortable on the ball and in distribution, and it would be even better if we had a proper ball playing centreback to go with it.

But 4-2-3-1 with Bannan firmly slotted into the 10 role where he belongs, and pegged to stay further up the pitch to put balls into the final third would be an absolute dream.  

Just need to find the players to be able to support him.

As is, Bannan drops back and picks the ball up from our centrebacks, because without it, we'd never get out of our own damn half - we'd just keep trying to play hoof-ball and getting pinned right back into our own box.

Edited by Indoor Owl

On 03/06/2021 at 18:25, should know better said:

If you think Bannan of all players has had a terrible season, good Christ you must be really disappointed with everyone else in the squad.

... and you had best get a 24 ready and buckle up, because you're not going to like the quality of player we're going to be attracting in League One, and god forbid, if we get rid of Bannan.

On 29/05/2021 at 08:49, Salmonbones said:

Successive managers have tried to make him play further forward, and he has spells during games he does but it's engrained in him to drop deep to get the ball.   Ain't no changing his style now, Moore better believe that to make the most out of him.

I expect one up top next season to accommodate Bannan dropping so deep constantly and make the most out of it.    Strangely I remember him being most effective though when finding himself out wide on the left.   

... when he doesn't drop deeper, we don't get out of our half.

And then the perrenial naysayers come out of the woodwork about how Bannan has hardly touched the ball (because he's roaming further forward waiting for build up play that never happens).

Seriously:  If Bannan doesn't drop back to pick the ball up, we'd just recycle the ball between CBs, keeper, and Pelupuessy until the final whistle.  

• Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 15:04, Shetland Owl said:

what you trying to say, we are going down and not even started the season

Given our owner's financial shenanigans that's not beyond the bounds of possibility!

On 03/06/2021 at 22:57, mogbad said:

I like Bannan & was pleased when he signed his new deal but if Biggs figure of £27k a week is anywhere near true then we need to sell him as soon as possible.

It’s spot on.  But Bazza signed the new contract to make us money when we get a fee for him.  What a guy.

As if anyone else is gonna pay him £27k a week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Really?!

I couldn't disagree more with this one.

Play 4-2-3-1 and put Bannan in the actual 10 spot, as a central attacking midfielder.  Let him distribute from there and make the occasional run into the box in possession. 

We'd need to actually get a defensive midfielder who was comfortable on the ball and in distribution, and it would be even better if we had a proper ball playing centreback to go with it.

But 4-2-3-1 with Bannan firmly slotted into the 10 role where he belongs, and pegged to stay further up the pitch to put balls into the final third would be an absolute dream.  

Just need to find the players to be able to support him.

As is, Bannan drops back and picks the ball up from our centrebacks, because without it, we'd never get out of our own damn half - we'd just keep trying to play hoof-ball and getting pinned right back into our own box.

Sorry l have to disagree.  He has nowhere near enough goals in him to play anywhere in the 3.