Bannan playmaker in league two or liability?

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I fully agree . Bannan in an ATTACKING role is a must, but playing deep is a no-no. I often wonder, when Bannan goes deep, this is because of his being told to do so, or if it is his natural instinct to be always involved in play and needing to be the centre of the game?

i can't answer that either, but him being deep looking for the hollywood ball is a no,.no.

at his size he doesn't have the power to land it. it's the same when he goes for a crossfield ball, it takes so long to get there the recipient is under pressure. he has great foresight, and a killer ball in him, he needs using as that for me.

the weighted ball he put through for nuhiu's goal two seasons ago at bellend ruwad was a fantastic piece of football.

20 hours ago, dorian gray said:

you're talking of multiple players coming in, we barely paid the wages last term, and covid ain't going away anytime soon

the AZ double jab offers 60% protection against the indian variant, or to put it another way worse odds than loading two chambers at russian roulette.

football fans may not be back in any numbers. if at all.

As far as I’m concerned June 21st things go back to normal.

And yes this is an opportunity to properly clear the decks. I’d keep 5 maybe 6 and start again. Players will get paid probably he has no excuse when we return 

29 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

And yes this is an opportunity to properly clear the decks. I’d keep 5 maybe 6 and start again. Players will get paid probably he has no excuse when we return 

sorry but June 21st easing is never going to happen. We’ve got this shat show on and off the field for a few years yet imho

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

i wouldn't bank on that.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i wouldn't, and i'm not doing

i'd love you to be right, but.....

i'm just trying to guide you into not expecting TOO MUCH.

I actually think your right, but i dont see any reason to not do it now. Weve had over a year of it, the vaccines work. Lets get back to normal as we all love a league one away day.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I actually think your right, but i dont see any reason to not do it now. Weve had over a year of it, the vaccines work. Lets get back to normal as we all love a league one away day.

i had the AZ it (apparently) is only 60% effective against the indian variant (we'll know more in 2 or 3 weeks time). but a 40% none effective is worse than two bullets in a six chamber revolver at russian roulette.

would i attend football at present? NO!

would i go in a boozer? depends if any sense is on show inside.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i had the AZ it (apparently) is only 60% effective against the indian variant (we'll know more in 2 or 3 weeks time). but a 40% none effective is worse than two bullets in a six chamber revolver at russian roulette.

would i attend football at present? NO!

would i go in a boozer? depends if any sense is on show inside.

Ive had same, but im of the opinion that this isnt all its made out to be and would attend football and a boozer packed to the rafters with our fans singing away.

But i understand your opinion its each to there own. The constant chirping and changing from people in charge makes you not know what is real an whats not.

I just think at some point we have got to give it a go otherwise we'll be living under restrictions forever.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ive had same, but im of the opinion that this isnt all its made out to be and would attend football and a boozer packed to the rafters with our fans singing away.

But i understand your opinion its each to there own. The constant chirping and changing from people in charge makes you not know what is real an whats not.

I just think at some point we have got to give it a go otherwise we'll be living under restrictions forever.

have you thought 'the people in charge' may not be much wiser than you or i? OR are wiser but daren't tell us the truth?

as for going for it, good luck, i'm about to cancel my august holiday in tenerife.

17 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I fully agree . Bannan in an ATTACKING role is a must, but playing deep is a no-no. I often wonder, when Bannan goes deep, this is because of his being told to do so, or if it is his natural instinct to be always involved in play and needing to be the centre of the game?

i imagine the management can see what we see, and IF they didn't like it they'd have stopped him some time ago.

so they must support this futile behaviour for it to carry on.

having him so deep is a waste of talent, when the c/h can carry the ball that far, but the c/h can't hit the c/f with it if you haven't got a c/f on the books.

21 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Monk commented on Sky that Bannan had said he wasn't comfortable further up the pitch, so it was his choice to drop back and try and play the quarterback role.

Guest wilyfox
5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

If we can’t pay wages and someone offers £3m…. Can see him going 

He’s 31. No-one will pay 3mil.

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

Monk commented on Sky that Bannan had said he wasn't comfortable further up the pitch, so it was his choice to drop back and try and play the quarterback role.

Sounds very similar to when Monk said that both he and Reach agreed that his best position was playing as a centre forward.  Which Reach later refuted.  

47 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Sounds very similar to when Monk said that both he and Reach agreed that his best position was playing as a centre forward.  Which Reach later refuted.  

No mate, that's you taking one incidence and believing it must apply to all.

In this case, we have proof that Bannan drops deep, doesn't get forward enough and has a big say in what goes on with the team. So there's likely to be at least some truth in it. 

I doubt anything of those things applied to Reach.

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

No mate, that's you taking one incidence and believing it must apply to all.

In this case, we have proof that Bannan drops deep, doesn't get forward enough and has a big say in what goes on with the team. So there's likely to be at least some truth in it. 

I doubt anything of those things applied to Reach.

That's not true, and secondly I don't take seriously what Monk has said about certain players, he did a similar thing with Reach.  

Probably best to hear it come from Bannan himself then.  Only way we will really know.  

On 27/05/2021 at 00:07, Costello 77 said:

We seem at the moment to have retained a quality defensive group.

We've got the most expensive playmaker in the division..how should DM use him?

The answer is in your question - as a playmaker - its what he does. I will say now that he has the potential to be the most creative player in that league. The problem is that his creativity is nullified by the extremely limited footballers he is playing with. He is one of those rarities that the lower he goes the worse he will be because of the standard of players around him.

1 minute ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

The answer is in your question - as a playmaker - its what he does. I will say now that he has the potential to be the most creative player in that league. The problem is that his creativity is nullified by the extremely limited footballers he is playing with. He is one of those rarities that the lower he goes the worse he will be because of the standard of players around him.

You might be right there.

I posted the question before the claim that he's uncomfortable going forward.

If that's true we should take any offers for him.

Saying that..a playmaker needs eager runners and movement in front of them... which he certainly hasn't had lately.

• Like 1