Euro 2021

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

It’s Miller and Carter up against weatherspoons grill night isn’t it. 

It’s like itv are trying to be awful 

ITV are bloody awful all round apart from Ian Wright and Gary Neville but it’s  bloody Mark Pougatch, Lee Dixon and Sam Matterface that are the epitome of 5h1t. I think the BBC just do football so much better. 

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

ITV are bloody awful all round apart from Ian Wright and Gary Neville but it’s  bloody Mark Pougatch, Lee Dixon and Sam Matterface that are the epitome of 5h1t. I think the BBC just do football so much better. 

To be honest, I’ve enjoyed both channels coverage. 

I really enjoy listening to Roy Keane. 

Whether England win the tournament or not, we’ve already seen enough to declare this a very different England team. A team that will go into the next World Cup with the earned respect and acknowledgement as contenders regardless what happens in the next 2 games.

This is a team that’s chipping off years of England reputation at every stage. We’re 5 games into a tournament and the ONE time I’ve been worried about this team was the Muller miss. 

• Like 2

What I loved about today was I think Trippier towards the end blocked a chance, and the rest of the defence came over and gave high fives out. They do not want to concede, and only from a Sterling mistake have we really looked like conceding.

5 games in and not conceding is outstanding. Onto to Denmark. Again, different pressure and the Danes can attack, but hopefully the Wembley crowd can play a part again.

37 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Whether England win the tournament or not, we’ve already seen enough to declare this a very different England team. A team that will go into the next World Cup with the earned respect and acknowledgement as contenders regardless what happens in the next 2 games.

This is a team that’s chipping off years of England reputation at every stage. We’re 5 games into a tournament and the ONE time I’ve been worried about this team was the Muller miss. 

Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, DCL, Chilwell, Saka, Greenwood, Alexander Arnold.

Some of those players have real potential to be world class. Some of them are already doing it at club level and struggling to get into our current team.

My worry is the lack of defenders. I honestly can't think of any young talents at the heart of the defence. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, DCL, Chilwell, Saka, Greenwood, Alexander Arnold.

Some of those players have real potential to be world class. Some of them are already doing it at club level and struggling to get into our current team.

My worry is the lack of defenders. I honestly can't think of any young talents at the heart of the defence. 

Stones and Maguire are probably starters for the next two tournaments. Stones in particular has been superb, don’t think I’ve seen him put a foot wrong

Bit mad after reflecting on that. Fantastic result, but I was shocked how apart from a brief spell in the first half, Ukraine just completely sat off us.We weren’t zipping about  with great pace, but we’ve got quality where it matters. With Sterling/Sancho/Shaw breaking the lines and whipping one in with Kane in the middle, whose recreating his Spurs form. 

What does Southgate do formation wise on Wednesday? fizz knows, everything he implements has been working 😂

47 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Stones and Maguire are probably starters for the next two tournaments. Stones in particular has been superb, don’t think I’ve seen him put a foot wrong

Been a big critic of both but tbf they have been pretty decent in this tourney

Been watching MOTD for a couple of years since VAR was brought in and have lazily thought “Hmm, bet you daren’t even celebrate a goal anymore knowing that they’re all checked and could be disallowed” but as it never affected me thought nothing further of it.

Have to say that during the last two games after that initial split second of euphoria it has quickly given way to waiting for the outcome of the check.  And once it arrives…well, the moment’s gone.

Although I’m obviously buzzing me t1ts off that we’re in another semi, the goals are ruined for me.  It feels like a completely different game.

• Like 3