Euro 2021

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Just some examples: 

So, just fans of other nations on Twitter then.

You could find far more opinions slagging Southgate off on Twitter. Pinch of salt stuff. 

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It’s hardly widespread criticism is it?!!

Bloody hell! Just enjoy it and stop pushing the “them and us” narrative. 

What you on about! Im not trying to push sh*t. There’s literally hundreds of these comments I could pick out. Just showing what other nations are saying that’s all! Them and us? There isn’t any Spanish or Italian fans on Owlstalk last time I checked? 

To be fair all 4 semi finalists played their 3 group games at home so it’s hard to argue that we’ve not been given a huge Advantage. 

In regards to Italy they do look a very good side but if we do meet in the final we shouldn’t go into that home game worrying about them, they’re no better then we are. Got a funny feeling Spain will knock them out anyway. 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What you on about! Im not trying to push sh*t. There’s literally hundreds of these comments I could pick out. Just showing what other nations are saying that’s all! Them and us? There isn’t any Spanish or Italian fans on Owlstalk last time I checked? 

@Bez

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

That is literally what a lot of Twitter is about regarding fans opinions.. 

You'll find many opinions on English fans calling the Italians cheats and the Spanish lucky for sneaking through on penalties.

People who actually write about football for a living across Europe have praised England. 

I just thought it was interesting seeing the comments and views that’s all. Like sometimes when Wednesday play Huddersfield for example you’ll see a thread in match day on the opinions they have on us on their forum. 

christ, touchy bunch you lot!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I do think Italy are a better side than us, but we have crazy momentum at the moment. 

I am worrying about the final at this point. Yes I shouldn’t get ahead of myself, but with everything considered we should really be putting Denmark to the sword too at a packed Wembley. 

So many nations crying about our ‘unfair advantage’ having most games at home. How did that work out for:

Brazil WC 2014? Embarrassed by Germany 1-7

France Euro 2016? Lost in the final 
Germany WC 2006? Lost to Italy in the SF

Portugal in 2004 taking it Greek style?

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

They just had a tough game in Asian heat, long flight etc, ours to lose imo

The extra time that Ukraine had in their previous match certainly played into our hands. The early second half goal broke their back and they had nothing left in the tank.

Both teams looked knackered in the Denmark-Czech game towards the end, the heat definitely took it out of them. Denmark are a better side than Ukraine though and will offer a threat to our defensive record. 

We are favourites but will have to be on it. 

41 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We look to be clicking into gear at the right time.

Danes will give us a good game, but Kane bursting into life gives me confidence.

Danes have recovered from that Eriksen incident really well.

They have played some good football and  have been quite free scoring. 4-1 and 4-0 victories are testament to that.

They will have momentum just like England have at the moment

It will be the toughest test so far, similar situation to WC semi when England came unstuck.

The home advantage may help swing it Englands way though. 

A poor, and knackered Ukraine side.

Missing one of their best players and then a critical injury which changed their shape and left more holes to be exploited. 

Still. Cracking result and performance. 

You can only beat what's put in front of you as my old gaffer used to say. 

Denamarks change of shape after Erikkson has made them look a tougher breakdown. 

Couple of concerns if they can get in round the sides as Ukraine actually did the odd time yesterday. 

Have enough to beat them. We have a great depth for the first time in my lifetime and players who  can say different systems if in game change is required.

Should win. 

Only thing in my head against a decent win is that feeling that Denamrk have somehow been mentally galvanised by what went on earlier.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.