Euro 2021

Her tears taste so sweet. 

Muahahahaha unlucky to ze germans and the Eastern bloc. 

I think Denmark have been the best team in the tournament since first game, so it will be a real test on Wednesday. Going 2-0 England. Kane and Stones

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Her tears taste so sweet. 

Muahahahaha unlucky to ze germans and the Eastern 

See, I don't think there's anything amusing about a little girl crying, but I also think gullible fools giving money to a weirdo on Wales because of it is equally as ridiculous. 

Apparently some of his stuff on twitter is very noncey, not sure how genuine what's been shared is though.

Not been on since Friday but reading through the thread was funny. Taz is basically two people - euphoric or pessimistic in equal measure. McMigo saying we haven't conceded if someone dares to say we don't look perfect defensively. Sally going from worrying to stating we gonna win the bloody lot. 

• Haha 3

I actually thought it was harder to say anything negative about the performance this time. Ukraine are not as dangerous as Germany but they have some good footballers who could have caused us issues but only two errors from Walker (our weakest link but in our position with great depth so not worried) in the first half gave them even a sniff. Even Rice played well. Southgate got the selection absolutely spot on and we controlled the game from minute one.

Cant underestimate how good John Stones has been in this tournament, he's shown he can be a Rolls Royce of a centre half when confident, no longer is he trying to play ridiculous passes that gets us in trouble. Just a solid defender with good positional sense who plays it simply in to the midfielders.

Also, from half time onwards in the Germany game Luke Shaw has been immaculate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

I actually thought it was harder to say anything negative about the performance this time. Ukraine are not as dangerous as Germany but they have some good footballers who could have caused us issues but only two errors from Walker (our weakest link but in our position with great depth so not worried) in the first half gave them even a sniff. Even Rice played well. Southgate got the selection absolutely spot on and we controlled the game from minute one.

Cant underestimate how good John Stones has been in this tournament, he's shown he can be a Rolls Royce of a centre half when confident, no longer is he trying to play ridiculous passes that gets us in trouble. Just a solid defender with good positional sense who plays it simply in to the midfielders.

Also, from half time onwards in the Germany game Luke Shaw has been immaculate. 

Agree with that

On reflection and without wishing to pee on the performance it has to be said that 3 of our goals were extremely cheap for even championship football never mind international 

But what was good about the performance was the amount we were able to commit their defence due to taking players on and exploiting the gaps (1st goal being a prime example)

We will need that against Denmark - and if we both get through certainly against Italy

Chiellini been the best defender in the tournament imo - but they do look vulnerable to being taken on 

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Is anyone is else laughing at how other countries and even within ourselves the amount of people saying we haven't played that well or that we don't play good football. Am I mad? Am I used to watching Wednesday? I think we've been super and also very solid in all areas. The majority of teams that win tournaments grind it out. 

If you look at the exciting games in the Euros then England arent there. In group stages you managed 3 goals in 3 games and didnt have a wealth of chances.

Southgates lineups have been defensive given wealth of attacking talent there.

I couldnt believe the lineup v a defensively weak German side but you won. Football tournament fine margins and all that

But thats the approach your manager has taken and he lives and dies by it

If it wins its pragmatic, if he loses then the criticism of  being too negative comes out.

So far its 5 wins and no goals conceded and there is a wave of euphoria in the country.

Kane also seems to be out of his box which is a huge boost.

But thats just a honest view looking in and I wouldnt worry what others think.  Enjoy the ride and dream of the prize.

Teams who do win, do have a bit of luck and do slog it out at times. France Wc98 and Brazil 2002 for instance

33 minutes ago, scram said:

Agree with that

On reflection and without wishing to pee on the performance it has to be said that 3 of our goals were extremely cheap for even championship football never mind international 

But what was good about the performance was the amount we were able to commit their defence due to taking players on and exploiting the gaps (1st goal being a prime example)

We will need that against Denmark - and if we both get through certainly against Italy

Chiellini been the best defender in the tournament imo - but they do look vulnerable to being taken on 

Yes, I think that Italy will much prefer playing Spain who will pass it in front and down the sides but wont commit them into making tackles by running at them. We need to run at them and take them out of their comfort zone. Ageing legs and all that.

It's be interesting how Italy cope losing Spinazzola, he was absolutely key to how they attacked with his runs from deep creating space. They dont have a direct replacement, Emerson (cant get a game at Chelsea) is likely to come in and he doesn't play that way from left back.

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves though the Denmark game is likely to be our hardest yet. They really go at teams 100% from the first whistle so if we can match their intensity early on then gaps will open up for us. They do create a lot of chances though.

How we cope with the intensity and manage the ball will be key. Look to tire them out and pick them off.

I'd put money on extra time.

See the thing is the good willed people who have chipped into the German girl GoFundMe are likely to chip into others.

The weird ones are the ones on the sidelines moaning a goodwill jesture, implying the original guy who set it up is sexual motivated and making no comment about the lovy hashtag # nazislag that was aimed at that girl.

The lads are chilled. More chilled than me. 

Home advantage, you think of being at Wembley. Fans etc. 

But being at home logistically with the St Georges Park facilities makes you realise home advantage is much more than the ground.

A totally different set up to travelling teams, living out of a suitcase in a hotel.

They're relaxed and enjoying themselves.

And that's good in my book. Better being relaxed than full of tension.

Also...Rice in his leopard print speedos.

Fair play to the lad. Glad I'm not the only one 😅

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

See the thing is the good willed people who have chipped into the German girl GoFundMe are likely to chip into others.

The weird ones are the ones on the sidelines moaning a goodwill jesture, implying the original guy who set it up is sexual motivated and making no comment about the lovy hashtag # nazislag that was aimed at that girl.

Yep the comments were vile. So apologise on behalf of those imbeciles? Why are we collecting money for someone who was crying, I just find that part so odd, but hey ho 

• Like 2

The problem is that it's performative nonsense. 

Like all online trolling and abuse, the awful comments calling her a Nazi slag or whatever are obviously disgusting and should have been dealt with accordingly, but there is no justifiable need or requirement for this girl to suddenly be bestowed with tens of thousands of pounds because of it. It's absolutely nonsense. This has gained enough traction now that it seems like the father probably agrees as well. If he wanted anything to do with this then he would have come forward by now. He was literally in the ground, and therefore will be on Wembley's register amongst a small number of Germans who were. He's not going to be difficult to track down. 

It makes this Joel character and everyone who has donated feel better about themselves, who now think they've undergone some brave and earth changing process to change the global perception of English football fans. Absolute sh*te.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

£36,175

That’s crazy. I don’t see how people are still donating money though because it’s a life changing amount now just because she was crying (probably she wouldnt have even seen the trolls) if you’ve got a spare tenner give it to someone sick and needy