Adam Reach - Bristol make formal contact

Had his moments. Unfortunately, he will be remembered for his last 20/30 performances, which confirmed his time at SWFC has come to a end, by mutual consent. I hope he can rediscover his previous form and thank him for his time with us.

If reports of £23k a week are true (sounds reasonable given our wild spending when he signed) he’s cost us :

£5m transfer fee 

£23k x 52 x 4 = £4.784m in wages. 

So almost £10m outlay. 

And leaves us on a free - when we should have sold him for £7m-£9m in the January window after his golden two months. 

Utter madness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Terrific player and remarkable fitness record.

Will be very hard to find one anywhere near his level.

He really isn't terrific. 

He's half decent and has been phoning it in for 6 months. 

12 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

If reports of £23k a week are true (sounds reasonable given our wild spending when he signed) he’s cost us :

£5m transfer fee 

£23k x 52 x 4 = £4.784m in wages. 

So almost £10m outlay. 

And leaves us on a free - when we should have sold him for £7m-£9m in the January window after his golden two months. 

Utter madness. 

Money well spent  

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Terrific player and remarkable fitness record.

Will be very hard to find one anywhere near his level.

I'm sitting here honestly thinking it will be a long time before we have a winger of his ability play for Wednesday again.

And truth be told, I'm delighted to see the back of him. Utterly bizarre, but that's what his obviously uncaring attitude has managed. So, so disappointed that he hasn't looked arsed since November. Good riddance. 

231 appearances since his introduction in 2016. Never appeared to be injury prone and must have been one of the first names on the team sheet each game, whichever manager was in charge at the time

Always seemed to be playing at 80% and you were wanting him to do that bit extra that we knew (thought) he was capable of.

Whether it be good luck or good riddance, please don’t find that extra 20% when our paths cross again

(Example Lucas Joao SWFC 29 goals in five seasons.... Reading 22 goals this season alone 🤨)

The most cowardly player I have even seen play, if he had guts, he be playing in the premiership ages ago, good riddance, we need players that will fight for every ball, not someone that is terrified to make a challenge, I'm happy he gone