Adam Reach - Bristol make formal contact

Guest wilyfox

Stale. Over-stayed. Tired of him, and he’s probably tired of us. Mutually glad when he’s gone. New challenge may rejuvenate him. The anger for me is that he leaves for £0. Criminal of Chansiri to run down the contract of a £5m player.

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Stale. Over-stayed. Tired of him, and he’s probably tired of us. Mutually glad when he’s gone. New challenge may rejuvenate him. The anger for me is that he leaves for £0. Criminal of Chansiri to run down the contract of a £5m player.

Paying 4.5m over what he was worth was the criminal bit.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2021 at 20:21, ANDY said:

I think this is B.S., much the same as the Rhodes been offered contracts by 3 clubs story.

The EFL's rules state a club cannot make an approach to a player whose contract expires on 30th June beforel the 3rd Saturday in May. 

That is this coming Saturday the 15th. 

Any contact or offer to the player prior to then is not allowed.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Paying 4.5m over what he was worth was the criminal bit.

We turned down £9m for him. Whether you rate him or not, he was worth a lot of money. Now he walks.

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

i agree with most of what you say about Reach but regarding your anger towards letting him go for nowt ,you cant sell a player nobody wants to pay money for and you dont want to offer a longer contract to a player you dont want, so the running down of the contract is the natural end to it in my opinion, as it is for a lot of players up and down the country not just here

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We turned down £9m for him. Whether you rate him or not, he was worth a lot of money. Now he walks.

never heard that one before, which idiot offered that 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

never heard that one before, which idiot offered that 

Carlos said it on Sky. He was pundit for steel derby when Bruce was in charge. Didn’t say whom the club was, but that DC rejected 9mil offer.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think this is B.S., much the same as the Rhodes been offered contracts by 3 clubs story.

The EFL's rules state a club cannot make an approach to a player whose contract expires on 30th June beforel the 3rd Saturday in May. 

That is this coming Saturday the 15th. 

Any contact or offer to the player prior to then is not allowed.

That's official contact. We all know clubs speak "off the record" to potentiol signings to try and get in early. Reach, and the other out of contract players will have probably been talking to clubs since Christmas. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, G-Reg said:

His performances this season haven't been of as good a standard as the past, but I remember him almost singlehandedly hold the team together under Jos.  I don't mind Reach, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in a play-off team.

That was 3 seasons ago.

He can't get past a defender to save his life but he has clear ability in terms of crossing. His work rate this season has been a disgrace to see at times, just going through the motions, would have been dropped a long time ago if we had any left-sided player with a bit of experience to turn to.  

Just now, wilyfox said:

Carlos said it on Sky. He was pundit for steel derby when Bruce was in charge. Didn’t say whom the club was, but that DC rejected 9mil offer.

Fair enough I'd missed that 

Having said that if Carlos said it I wouldn't buy it anyway I'm still waiting for him to reveal everything he was going to after he'd left for swansea lol 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Fair enough I'd missed that 

Having said that if Carlos said it I wouldn't buy it anyway I'm still waiting for him to reveal everything he was going to after he'd left for swansea lol 

maybe he already has. Being appointed by a 12yr-old kid, and Transfer committee bollax etc.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That was 3 seasons ago.

He can't get past a defender to save his life but he has clear ability in terms of crossing. His work rate this season has been a disgrace to see at times, just going through the motions, would have been dropped a long time ago if we had any left-sided player with a bit of experience to turn to.  

It was 3 season ago. I think he has been the least of our playing squad problems up until this season.  This season, whilst Reach hasn't been firing, I'd say Harris, Dunkley, Borner, Palmer, Odubajo and Pelupessy have been bigger problems. Not saying he deserves a new bumper deal or that he has been great (think he has been average this season) - just that others have shown much less.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's official contact. We all know clubs speak "off the record" to potentiol signings to try and get in early. Reach, and the other out of contract players will have probably been talking to clubs since Christmas. 

Any clubs doing that and breaking EFL rules would face heavy punishment and sanctions.

It's a big risk approaching players under contract to other clubs. Even if it's unofficial contact via an agent, if found out it could be very damaging to them.

19 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Play him in his correct position Reach is quality. Goals and assists are what he can bring. Play him as a defender, centre forward, or centre midfield his impact becomes limited. 5 managers have failed to work this out. Sure he will be playing a league above us next season and in a top half side.

‘Quality’ 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Play him in his correct position Reach is quality. Goals and assists are what he can bring. Play him as a defender, centre forward, or centre midfield his impact becomes limited. 5 managers have failed to work this out. Sure he will be playing a league above us next season and in a top half side.

Yeah 5 managers,  4 heavily experienced, clearly have no idea and it’s all their fault and not the fault of Reach lol Honestly the excuses over the years for him are baffling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-Reg said:

It was 3 season ago. I think he has been the least of our playing squad problems up until this season.  This season, whilst Reach hasn't been firing, I'd say Harris, Dunkley, Borner, Palmer, Odubajo and Pelupessy have been bigger problems. Not saying he deserves a new bumper deal or that he has been great (think he has been average this season) - just that others have shown much less.   

Dunkley was signed before he had recovered from a double leg break which tells its own story about our summer recruitment. Borner has been up and down this season, either terrible or has played fairly well, too many costly mistakes, Palmer much the same. 

Odubajo has disappeared. Pelupessy has actually done OK this season, Harris has had a terrible season but can't fault his effort.

All of the players you listed can't touch Reach in terms of technical ability yet he hasn't managed to contribute that much more than a few of them due to the fact he has meandered through a fair chunk of the campaign. That makes it more frustrating in my view.