Adam Reach - Bristol make formal contact

Seems a waste after spending that much on him.

I don't get why his contract wasn't renewed, even if only to get a fee.    He's easily worth more in contract than what we paid for him.

He would not have been up for it in Division 1 though.

• Like 1

my take on reach is he flatters to deceive ......when he's good he's very good but the average performances outweigh the good uns ......for someone whos cost us  circa 10 million quid and we'll get none of it back its hard to say that he's been a good signing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I don't get why his contract wasn't renewed, even if only to get a fee.    He's easily worth more in contract than what we paid for him.

Because he'll be on a good wage

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good player Reach. Really dropped off in the last 6 months, but compared to many he’s been a good signing. Versatile, usually fit and scores a few. Infact his versatility has cost him. I’m still not sure what position he should play at, and a variety of managers have struggled with that question.  

Seems a good pro and a decent lad, and I wish him well. 

Centre forward! :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

He was offered a new contract.

Thankfully he had the right to turn it down! 

It’s a shame his reputation has plummeted over the past season & a half. The Carlos/Jos season, when I think every single player at some point had three months off with an injury,  Reach basically dragged us through that season and I think was virtually ever present. Just a shame that subsequently, playing in a worsening team, he let his own standards and work rate drop to the same level as those around him - probably more a symptom of what was going on behind the scenes at the club though in all honesty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Shouldn’t have been allowed to run down his contract,  can be a great player and someone would have paid a bit this summer for him 

Admittedly had an absolute woeful season like,  no where near tough enough for league one 

14 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Probably isn't planning on him doing any defending, you'd have to be daft to play him somewhere he needs to defend. 

Like LWB in front of Borner for example. 

Players that are not required to defend are like Unicorns 

Just now, Salmonbones said:

why on earth would he sign a new contract here when he can leave for free and pocket a fair wedge for himself of the transfer fee that a club would have to pay us ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

why on earth would he sign a new contract here when he can leave for free and pocket a fair wedge for himself of the transfer fee that a club would have to pay us ......

Totally get that aspect.

I wonder if Penney will leave, because he is about as like for like as we have that would be good enough for L1 in replacement - although he's not exactly been on the radar for an age and successive managers all stopped playing him.

Guest mrbluesky
50 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Ffs..dopey davey arrives on the scene

Kin hell 😂

Owlstalk one liner award goes to Mr.Kobayashi!!!😂

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good player Reach. Really dropped off in the last 6 months, but compared to many he’s been a good signing. Versatile, usually fit and scores a few. Infact his versatility has cost him. I’m still not sure what position he should play at, and a variety of managers have struggled with that question.  

Seems a good pro and a decent lad, and I wish him well. 

Well said Vulva. 

That is the first time I have ever uttered that sentence.

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Shouldn’t have been allowed to run down his contract,  can be a great player and someone would have paid a bit this summer for him 

Admittedly had an absolute woeful season like,  no where near tough enough for league one 

Yet still chipped in with 6 goals.

• Like 1