Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Good engine: No he’s huffing and puffing after 60 mins in every game. Watch carefully 

Unit : yes I agree but doesn’t use it properly. Could get coached into him

Tough tackling: No. Hes actually poor at this. Fouls all the time, gets stupid red cards and even neshes challenges (see Rotherham)

Vision: Yes totally agree

Skill: No His second touch is usually a tackle. Don’t let the Exeter run fool you like it did Celtic

Shooting: he’s ok. Decent shot on Tuesday but one goal suggests he ain’t that good.

I disagree with all that except for where you agreed with me. 😁

32 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He hasn’t been an asset to us..2 sending offs and not much else...1 good game v 4th division Exeter...got Sean #flair written all over him

Clearly I see more potential than some on here. With decent coaching and guidance from senior pros he will do very well.

I'm not into this build em up to knock em down British trait. I just don't get that mentality.

Players like him should be our future and should be nurtured accordingly otherwise what's the point of a youth setup.

Besides there are far more senior players in this squad who are more deserving of a smackdown than the likes of Shaw.

4 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Maybe these owlstalk professional football talent spotters should go and tell him he's wasted his life in the wrong profession.

"He almost cost us a goal".... As opposed to several other very highly paid senior players who routinely cost us goals week in week out.

Give yer ed a wobble. 

He's raw but will be an asset to any team he plays in.

Just watch Shaw's performance

Let's his man walk round him in the box, shocking on the cross, shocking on the clearance, shocking on the other clearance

Should have been 4-0 down just due to Shaw's mistakes

• Like 3

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Just watch Shaw's performance

Let's his man walk round him in the box, shocking on the cross, shocking on the clearance, shocking on the other clearance

Should have been 4-0 down just due to Shaw's mistakes

Shocking in CB and there's me thinking he's a midfielder.

He was playing alongside calamity Lees. I'm not surprised he wasn't at his best.

And you're giving off on a game which we won. Slagging off a player who nearly cost us goals but didn't whilst the players who do cost us goals seem to get away with it.

It's like .....

depositphotos_66238583-stock-illustration-the-blind-leading-the-blind.jpg

34 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He was playing alongside calamity Lees. I'm not surprised he wasn't at his best.

And you're giving off on a game which we won. Slagging off a player who nearly cost us goals but didn't whilst the players who do cost us goals seem to get away with it.

It's like .....

Wow. We’re blaming Lees for Shaw’s performance. Wow. 

i dont believe this is true but if hutchinson grabbed him round the neck thats a bit weird and just creates more problems than it solves. and also honestly you cant tell any difference between what shaw is doing on the pitch and what Hutchinson or patterson are doing in terms of effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Wow. We’re blaming Lees for Shaw’s performance. Wow. 

Nope. I'm stating that Lees has not instilled confidence in anyone around him all season. He's a seasoned pro yet we're laying into a lad who was 19 at the time we played Derby who still has a lot to learn.

Nuance is dead, obviously.

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Nope. I'm stating that Lees has not instilled confidence in anyone around him all season. He's a seasoned pro yet we're laying into a lad who was 19 at the time we played Derby who still has a lot to learn.

It’s more that he got made man of the match by Sky and was crap.. People

are pointing out what he did wrong because it was so odd they said he was our best player 

34 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s more that he got made man of the match by Sky and was crap.. People

are pointing out what he did wrong because it was so odd they said he was our best player 

Possibly, but who knows what criteria they use to name MOM. Maybe it was just that he was 19, playing out if position and helped keep a clean sheet.

Or maybe everyone else was crap beyond belief and he stood out for being mediocre.

I can't remember the game now as it's all merged into one steaming pile of poo.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Possibly, but who knows what criteria they use to name MOM. Maybe it was just that he was 19, playing out if position and helped keep a clean sheet.

Or maybe everyone else was crap beyond belief and he stood out for being mediocre.

I can't remember the game now as it's all merged into one steaming pile of poo.

Well the clearance he attempted in the 6 yard box and almost assisted a Derby goal was right at the end of the game and they’d literally named him MOTM about 30 seconds before that. I suspect he wouldn’t have got it had he done that earlier 

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Whilst I'm not into bashing a young player.... Lees has probably been our most consistent performer this season (which says something, but still)

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Whilst I'm not into bashing a young player.... Lees has probably been our most consistent performer this season (which says something, but still)

Indeed.

Consistently good in the air when the ball is coming at him I'll give him that.

Consistently ponderous on the ball.

Consistently panics with the ball at his feet and can only turn one way ultimately resulting in a hoof or an attempt on our goal.

It really does say a lot when consistently poor return on investment in the last two seasons is the marker considering what he is on.

I'm trying not to be disrespectful, but I'm just sick and tired of them all and want to see a fresh start with new faces rather than flogging the has beens and failures.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

A silly boy who'd never played in the first eleven.

That's where your argument fails.

Shaw has played for the first eleven regularly this season and should have been offered a contract that reflected that.

by the time he was playing fairly regular celtic had already tapped him up . mike trusson secret agent. 

5 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

It's like .....

Says the guy slagging off the player who didn’t actually make any of the mistakes...

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Says the guy slagging off the player who didn’t actually make any of the mistakes...

Are you living in a parallel universe?

Tom Lees has lost us far more games over the course of the last two seasons than anyone else save for the goalkeepers maybe.

I think I'll leave it there. Other threads have brought into stark relief what is actually important in this world and a t1t for tat on who is the shittest is not it.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Are you living in a parallel universe?

Tom Lees has lost us far more games over the course of the last two seasons than anyone else save for the goalkeepers maybe.

I think I'll leave it there. Other threads have brought into stark relief what is actually important in this world and a t1t for tat on who is the shittest is not it.

Shaw dropped more clangers in that game than Lees has dropped all season

Liam Shaw is definitely, definitely the shittest of him and Tom Lees.