Liam Shaw v Hutchinson/pato

5 hours ago, flo said:

i dont believe this is true but if hutchinson grabbed him round the neck thats a bit weird and just creates more problems than it solves. and also honestly you cant tell any difference between what shaw is doing on the pitch and what Hutchinson or patterson are doing in terms of effort. 

I'll be shocked if Hutchinson managed to even catch him to grab him by the neck given as hes 10 yards off the pace of every other championship player

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I disagree with all that except for where you agreed with me. 😁

Lol!!!   Let’s see...

Guest Kagoshimaowl
29 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I'll be shocked if Hutchinson managed to even catch him to grab him by the neck given as hes 10 yards off the pace of every other championship player

Quicker than Dunkley and Borner!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, 83owl said:

So is Neil Ruddock so its hardly an achievement. 

Hutch is quicker than most centre backs. It’s his turn of pace that is slow. Once in his stride he’s not a slouch at all.

Good point though!

Shaw has a chance of making it as a player maybe at a decent level and how many times have we said that about one of our Academy prospects?

If Pulis had stayed or Moore had arrived earlier then who knows how much further on in his development he’d be or even if he might be staying?

Thing is, even though we all

know the vast majority of OOC are on their way out come the summer, we definitely know Shaw is and given he’s a lifelong Wednesdayite this news was received pretty badly by the fan base at a time when we needed all hands on deck.

Even though I thought he still might contribute he then

preceded to get sent off in the first game after he officially announced his departure in a crucial relegation match against Birmingham. When he needed a performance to go the right way, it went the other which then resulted in more toxicity coming his way.

He should’ve been removed from contention after that but Moore has continued to use him even though it has been somewhat sporadically.

I think he’ll do ok at Celtic, the SFA will

probably find he has a Scottish long lost relative and he’ll be another Wednesday Academy product for the Scottish National Team and who knows he might find himself in a dressing room getting another tongue lashing from Paterson but perhaps luckily for him, he won’t be sharing one anytime soon or if ever with Scott Brown?

• Haha 1

On 14/04/2021 at 09:14, Manwë said:

Not that this is a verified story, but it's telling that people think it's acceptable in 2021 to grab someone by the throat if they raised an opinion in the workplace.

If Moore has got his tactics wrong, and if Shaw raised it (rightly or wrongly to do so), then are some players the dressing room regulators dishing out justice?    Are we in Vermissa Valley?

Moore's tactics have been questionable. Many of us question them. He has been full of what he wants not what suits the players. 

But we don't know what Shaw said, how bad it was. Grabbing people by the neck when other players with experience have been shown wanting as much is not right. The captain needs to encourage him on the field. The captain makes plenty of mistakes and berates others very quickly. That is not leadership.

2 hours ago, Lincowl said:

Why would Pato offer his place to billy big balls?

Because Patto has heart but is of low ability and not going to win a match for you whereas with proper motivation provided by captain and management,  Shaw could..and if Shaw spoke up about the tactics adopted by Moore, I might agree with him

17 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Because Patto has heart but is of low ability and not going to win a match for you whereas with proper motivation provided by captain and management,  Shaw could..and if Shaw spoke up about the tactics adopted by Moore, I might agree with him

Shaw is young and has that on his side but his current ability is lacking. Passing, shooting, decision making, positioning all need big improvement. His move to Celtic also shows he's a bit dim. He would have been offered the chance to develop at his home club and get the move once improved. There now a risk that he won't make the Celtic team and his development will stall. Anyways the risk is his, but to be offering his tactical input given his age and obviously shortcomings is naive and unwelcome. Simply undermining the approach which ironically, is the best thing about the new manager and coaching setup. Just smacks of stupid.

3 minutes ago, Pulixifer said:

Shaw is young and has that on his side but his current ability is lacking. Passing, shooting, decision making, positioning all need big improvement. His move to Celtic also shows he's a bit dim. He would have been offered the chance to develop at his home club and get the move once improved. There now a risk that he won't make the Celtic team and his development will stall. Anyways the risk is his, but to be offering his tactical input given his age and obviously shortcomings is naive and unwelcome. Simply undermining the approach which ironically, is the best thing about the new manager and coaching setup. Just smacks of stupid.

I think he knows he’s not good enough and has taken the money while it’s on offer 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think he knows he’s not good enough and has taken the money while it’s on offer 

If it was simply a money thing surely wait until the end of the season see where Wednesday are and play the two against each other. Who knows maybe keep the head down kick on improve and even more interested parties enter. As I said seems like he was advised badly/stupid.

5 minutes ago, Pulixifer said:

Took an opportunity to both move to a big club and get away from this circus and that somehow shows hes a bit dim? 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Pulixifer said:

If it was simply a money thing surely wait until the end of the season see where Wednesday are and play the two against each other. Who knows maybe keep the head down kick on improve and even more interested parties enter. As I said seems like he was advised badly/stupid.

Or his performances could have dropped off and the Celtic offer be withdrawn. If I was him I’d be desperate to get signed up on a contract that would set me up for life, and that’s what he’s done. Will be another George Hirst, probably won’t be up to much in 2-3 years but creamed off a 7 figure amount 

6 minutes ago, Pulixifer said:

He was on a crest of a wave when Celtic came in for him. As he has now lost his place in the team I don’t think Celtic would be as interested