Swansea game called off

I think it's fairly obvious by now that we're absolutely cash f*****. 

I can almost (almost) forgive an owner for busting the bank on FFP for promotion, if it was to play the system etc, knowing youd be able to go again once the cycle has ended, recover etc...

But he's clearly gone in with a certain amount of funding and we've beached. Completely stranded with no funding. 

Remember our tickets pay for nothing. Apparently. 

• Like 1

I suspect this decision was as much to do with the 'bigger picture' of needing to rest players as it was about the state of the pitch.

Ridiculous to call the club embarrassing because we've had a game postponed, as some have already done. I think we've potentially played a blinder here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is anyone else wondering with the state of our pitch that the undersoil heating or the lamps haven't been put on it.

This has got to be down to a lack of funds, which is worrying.

Why couldn't they move the game to Sunday and see if the weather improves. Move our game with Stoke to Wednesday, then we both play Saturday. Swansea don't play till Wednesday in midweek.

• Like 2

Just now, OriginalAlien said:

I suspect this decision was as much to do with the 'bigger picture' of needing to rest players as it was about the state of the pitch.

Ridiculous to call the club embarrassing because we've had a game postponed, as some have already done. I think we've potentially played a blinder here.

I am not sure whether I would prefer to look miserly and incompetent, or cynical and dishonest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OriginalAlien said:

Just means we will have 3 games to play in a week, rather than 2.

1 minute ago, Brissy-owl said:

Doesnt it cost an absolute bomb to run the undersoil heating?  Think rotherham chairman was saying he refuses to have it due to the cost of running it 

Put it this way, we had no problem paying it whilst we were paying players wages on time and massive wages and transfer fees. 

• Like 1

Calling the game off because the pitch is frozen is one thing

But you do have to ask why not include the actual reason in the announcement? Would stop all the rumours, guesses and bad feeling instantly if they said what had caused it given we have undersoil heating and a Desso pitch?

SUCH BAD BAD BAD PR - AGAIN

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop