Swansea game called off

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Think this early decision will have been made with opposition travel distance in mind. Not really fair to call it off tomorrow when Swansea have traveled all the way up today. Forecast is freezing again today and tomorrow so it’s not going to get any better.

Few other games starting to be called off (in lower leagues) Oxford already moved their game....... To Sunday

Remember, the undersoil heating belongs to Sheffield 3 Ltd, but it's SWFC have to pay for the maintenance of it so let's stop blaming the owner of Hillsborough on this, and start laying the blame where it really lies, at the Club FFS.

• Haha 3

Well that’s a disappointment! I really like watching football on a Saturday! As per everyone else I’m baffled that we don’t have the under soil heating to cope with this.

The temperature is going to highs of -2 tomorrow so it is a bit chilly, but it’s bloomin 2021! Technology for heating footy pitches is decades old!

The shame of it is bad but really it’s the lack of game that’s annoyed me the most!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We've literally just had our  manager talking to the press about injuries our players have sustained from playing on hard pitches

Makes you wonder how the players managed before all this undersoil heating and carpets for pitches. The poor souls. 

• Like 2

Is it considered bashing the club if you think it’s ridiculous at Championship level we’ve had to call this one off?

I know it’s freezing outside but it’s not unusual for this time of year. 

I know Rotherham was called off but I’d rather not be lumped in with Rotherham after DC spent all that money on a brand new pitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You do realise the older ages of football that you dream back to isn't the same thing as the sport you watch these days tho right?

22 men, two teams of 11? 

Looks the same to me mate. 

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

What up with it? 

Can't they play on frozen pitches anymore? 

Don't games frequently get called off because of frozen pitches? 

In 1979 I remember one weekend when only a couple of games was played because of snow and frozen pitches. 

It's not something new. 

If Our pitch has to be one of the worst in the championship.

To say we  paid over a million for the replacement.

look at the pigs across the way there grass looks fantastic.

They paid for the  same thing

I'm beginning to think if they used ASDA's own grass seed  it would do a better job lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is it considered bashing the club if you think it’s ridiculous at Championship level we’ve had to call this one off?

I know it’s freezing outside but it’s not unusual for this time of year. 

I know Rotherham was called off but I’d rather not be lumped in with Rotherham after DC spent all that money on a brand new pitch

Not from me nope. It’s no secret I think a lot of the bashing on here can be OTT sometimes

But this just isn’t acceptable 

• Like 2