Swansea game called off

Questions need to be asked on financial situation by journalists now. This is embarrassing..... I can only remember this happening once before when someone forgot to put it on I think.... years ago.... unless I've imagined it. All those many many times travelling down the M1 to watch Wednesday when most fixtures were called off... 

We were in debt for decades yet still had the undersoil heating on! What the fizz is going on! 

If only we had a situation where pur journalists didn't have to crawl and grovel to get anything out of him! We should have never allowed a situation where an owner gets away with not telling us anything for months and then only agrees to meetings where he can control what can be said..........

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That comparison with Bradford has actually really hit a nerve with me.

Bradford even made it clear that supporters who have purchased an i-follow will be be granted access to the rearranged fixture. We don’t touch on that in our statement. I really hope the club confirm this this afternoon.

Again may seem nit picking to some but it’s just the finer details of running a business properly and engaging with your customers in a productive and compassionate way. The little things we do wrong contribute to the overall sh*tshow we’ve become.

And the club can't use iFollow being a separate entity as an excuse for not putting info out there, because I had an issue with them charging me payment for the midweek game instead of my season ticket, iFollow emailed me back and rectified it and refunded me within an hour! 

This kind of stuff doesn't improve until he leaves. Because its been staring him in the face for 5 years and he's still not rectified it. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAYS POSTPONEMENT FULL AND COMPLETE ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OFFICIAL SITE READS LIKE THIS 👇

The Owls’ Championship home game against Swansea has been postponed due to a frozen pitch.

A pitch inspection at Hillsborough was conducted on Friday and the surface deemed unplayable.

The fixture will be rearranged with details announced in due course.

BRADFORD AFC VS SALFORD'S POSTPONEMENT READ LIKE THIS 👇

The Bantams’ Sky Bet League Two visit of Salford City - scheduled for 3.00pm tomorrow (Saturday February 13) - has been postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Following a pitch inspection at 1.00pm this afternoon, the playing surface at the Utilita Energy Stadium has been deemed unsafe for use, and the fixture has been cancelled by the EFL.  

As a result of freezing conditions this week, and with temperatures set to drop as low as minus six degrees Celsius again this evening, the game has been postponed on the basis the pitch will still be unplayable by 3.00pm tomorrow. 

City’s chief executive officer, Ryan Sparks, said: “We have made every effort to ensure tomorrow’s game could have happened, with the pitch covered and heating devices brought in - to battle the frost. 

“Our ground staff, who have worked through the night - and tirelessly over the course of the week - deserve a great deal of credit for everything they have done, in going beyond the call of duty. 

“Unfortunately, our efforts have proven futile, and the weather looks set to worsen still over the next 24 hours. Not only does this wipe out tomorrow, it sadly brings too much doubt into play for a potential Sunday rearrangement. 

“In our view, a significant proportion of the surface would be playable. However, towards the TL Dallas Stand, the pitch is struggling to deal with conditions being thrown at it. 

“We have kept in close contact with Salford City, and I would like to thank Gary Neville and his colleagues for their co-operation. Both clubs have explored every avenue in an attempt to avoid this outcome. 

“We are very disappointed the game has been postponed, and we must now fit another fixture into what is becoming an increasingly busy schedule of rearranged ties.

“Our full attention now switches to Tuesday evening and ensuring there are no threats facing our Sky Bet League Two meeting with Morecambe.”

Supporters who purchased an iFollow video match pass for tomorrow’s encounter will automatically be granted access for the rearranged clash. Announcements on when this will be scheduled to take place will be made in due course. 

Say you didn't know anything about the level teams were playing at......

If someone showed you those two statements and asked you which one came from a second division club that recently had a wage bill in excess of £40M and which one was put out by a 4th division club with an annual turnover of around £7M, what would you say?  

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That comparison with Bradford has actually really hit a nerve with me.

Bradford even made it clear that supporters who have purchased an i-follow will be be granted access to the rearranged fixture. We don’t touch on that in our statement. I really hope the club confirm this this afternoon.

Again may seem nit picking to some but it’s just the finer details of running a business properly and engaging with your customers in a productive and compassionate way. The little things we do wrong contribute to the overall sh*tshow we’ve become.

What you mean the sh*tshow that's been going on at the top of this club since Eric Taylor was in charge?

Either way, there aren't too many games at Championship level that get called off. The club either have the desso well maintained, or a good undersoi; heating system, which I thought was all replaced when the pitch was dug up as we had this "state of the art system". Trust our feckin boiler to break.lol

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What if it is towards the end of the season and Swansea are already in the playoffs and rest there entire first eleven.

What if it is towards the end of the season and Swansea need the points to secure a play off place. They have recently played Brentford, Norwich and Man City, they aren't going to have much tougher games in a short space of time than that at this level. At the same time, we are in good form at home. 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd rather play Swansea when more than half of their first choice team spent midweek chasing Man City shadows and they have also recently had very tough games at this level against Norwich and Brentford, who they played against with 10 men for 25 minutes. 

Would you be saying the same if we played the game and lost, whilst at the same time Dunkley and Harris ended up out for the rest of the season after twisting ankles on a frozen pitch?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OriginalAlien said:

Would you be saying the same if we played the game and lost, whilst at the same time Dunkley and Harris ended up out for the rest of the season after twisting ankles on a frozen pitch?

The pitch would be frozen if we put the undersoil heating we had installed for the purpose to good use! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The pitch would be frozen if we put the undersoil heating we had installed for the purpose to good use! 

YEA BUT W)OULD YOU BE SAYING THE SAME IF WE PLAYED THE GAME AND BARRY BANNAN GOT HIT BY LIGHTNING AND THEN A DOG RAN ON THE PITCH AND BIT PATERSONS LEG OFF AND THEN THE NORTH STAND COLLAPSED AND WIPED OUT REACH AND TOM LEES????

EH????

lol

• Haha 7

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

^would not be frozen even! 

:ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm only reading this thread to see what kind of excuses people can come up with for a Championship club not even able to play a match

Some of them so far have been absolute crackers

lol

Keep em coming

You seem to have a downer on the Owlstalk membership these days. 

Maybe you should take a break, or change jobs?