Swansea game called off

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is it considered bashing the club if you think it’s ridiculous at Championship level we’ve had to call this one off?

I know it’s freezing outside but it’s not unusual for this time of year. 

I know Rotherham was called off but I’d rather not be lumped in with Rotherham after DC spent all that money on a brand new pitch

I really don’t think it is club bashing to question why the undersoil heating isn’t working 5 years after it was installed. 
It’s definitely pretty poor. 

• Like 4

I might also be a bit peeved that I signed up to the i-follow pass a few minutes before this announcement and my faith in the club smoothly carrying this over to the rescheduled date is perhaps not as high as it should be! 

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

How much will it cost to run undersoil heating for 2/3 days when there is no financial gain at all in doing so?

It's about being professional and doing all you can to get a league game on by the specified date. 

there was snow during ours and rotherhams game while we played , if there was no game does the pitch get covered? if not the snow will have frozen and made it worse, either that or the pipes have burst ,or its a money saving exercise . might not be a bad thing though players getting rest , we have in march/april spare midweeks 

20 minutes ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

One of the coldest nights of the year last night, just above freezing today, -5 tonight.  Coupled with uneven pitch and Swansea having to travel today, seems logical to call it off - an EFL Referee makes the decision not the Club.

No-one seems to have mentioned the ploughed field that was Oakwell last night, nor the sorry-looking Elland Road pitch.  The long period of very wet weather, combined with freezing temperatures, has played havoc with groundsmen's plans this season.

Oh! and by the way we have "a lot of very tired legs out there."  Good time for a few more days of rest?

A bit of common sense.