Swansea game called off

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think it’s great news.

I’ll be sorry not to be able to watch tomorrow but many of our players are running on fumes and this gives them a recharge...Paterson, Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Lees have been flogged hard.

Swansea rested the better half of their players v Citeh, and are in prime league form.

I am very happy to put this battle back to another day.

Roll on Stoke. They have a super-stiff game at Norwich. Let’s hope it’s the Alamo and that Fletcher and Mikel are the worse for wear midweek.

All very good points, can’t disagree with anything there. Stoke to Norwich and back in one day is a fair old trek as well. They’ll have one day to prepare for that match, whereas we can start preparing right now. 

It is what it is, there are positives to be taken from it... and I’m busy tomorrow so won’t be missing anything now

lol 

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Boiler linked to it is broken I've just heard, parts to repair it aren't arriving in time. 

that makes sense. many are going to need the boiler man in next 2-3 days and expect ruptured pipes . the pipes out of most boilers go outside and the condensed water freezes then backs back up to the boiler.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm only reading this thread to see what kind of excuses people can come up with for a Championship club not even able to play a match

Keep em coming

It's the Yorkshire pixies that live under the bridge on Leppings Lane.
They pee white ice and it's too much for the undersoil heating because 90% of it's capacity is being

used to keep the elephants warm !!

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Haha 2

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 13.21.27.jpg

Work is now well underway at Hillsborough to ensure the Owls will have a state of the art playing surface for the 2015/16 season.

Pitch experts are busy laying the foundations for a brand new Desso GrassMaster surface that is used at top level venues across Europe such as Wembley, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and San Siro .

Owls fans have been kept up to date with the pitch progress via the club’s official YouTube channel, with regular time lapse videos showing the transition.

Site manager Nick Danvers said: “We’re into our second week and we’ve got the formation level, with all the drainage in and part of the irrigation complete.

“After this, we will look at the possibility of putting a gravel carpet down because it is very stoney, it actually stands on an old river bed. Then, the under soil heating will go on with the root zones and sand on top of it.

“We’d like to be finished by around the third week in June at which time the Desso process will start.”

Desso GrassMaster is a sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres.

While the natural grass is growing, the design is such that the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres, creating a solid and even structure with good drainage.

Explaining further how the system works, Nick continued: “Desso is a polypropylene fibre that is stitched in every 20 mil to 200 mil depth and you can’t see it when the natural grass is there.

“But once the natural grass wears, then these green polypropylene fibres become visible and it adds strength and stability.

“You will never get a playing surface that will cut up and it will always be level and even.

“The majority of Premier League clubs have got the Desso system installed for the playability, knowing it will be an even playing surface throughout the winter.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria

Well that's a downer.

Got the weekend on my own at my house, it's snowing, got man supplies in and was all geared up.

Selfish baastards.

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Don't games frequently get called off because of frozen pitches? 

In 1979 I remember one weekend when only a couple of games was played because of snow and frozen pitches. 

It's not something new. 

IT'S NOT NEW.

Neither is 1979.