Swansea game called off

Might be a good thing, I wasn't very confident for tomorrow, rest will help players recharge batteries for Stoke and Birmingham games where we should pick points up. 

Rotherham v QPR is also off so they won't be pulling away from us tomorrow. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Will the undersoil heating be back on?

Much milder weather due on Sunday, should have naturally thawed out.

Cant believe we are having to discuss this though. A Championship game should not be called off due to a frozen pitch in this day and age and it would surely have been to out advantage to play them now with them having had some tough games recently. 

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Might be a good thing, I wasn't very confident for tomorrow, rest will help players recharge batteries for Stoke and Birmingham games where we should pick points up. 

Rotherham v QPR is also off so they won't be pulling away from us tomorrow. 

Personally think it’s a great time to play Swansea. Just had the run around from City in the cup. We would be fresher. Shame.

Think this early decision will have been made with opposition travel distance in mind. Not really fair to call it off tomorrow when Swansea have traveled all the way up today. Forecast is freezing again today and tomorrow so it’s not going to get any better.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Big blow this. Swansea had a difficult game on Wednesday night so the day extra recovery for us would have come in handy.

16 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Embarrassing really, best form we're in all season as well and Swansea just got ran around by Man City.

I think it’s great news.

I’ll be sorry not to be able to watch tomorrow but many of our players are running on fumes and this gives them a recharge...Paterson, Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Lees have been flogged hard.

Swansea rested the better half of their players v Citeh, and are in prime league form.

I am very happy to put this battle back to another day.

Roll on Stoke. They have a super-stiff game at Norwich. Let’s hope it’s the Alamo and that Fletcher and Mikel are the worse for wear midweek.

• Like 4