Coventry- V- Wednesday omdt

Thompson till the end of the season?   

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Thompson till the end of the season?

• YES- we're picking up results and that's all that matter at the minute.
    • NO- We need the new man in ASAP

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I agree with you, though many won’t.

A draw tonight is a very acceptable outcome.

Defeat against a relegation rival would be a disaster.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's just over a month ago that even Pulis managed to get a win against this lot. 

They're certainly beatable, as we've seen. And with no home advantage at present due to the lack of crowds, it's the kind of game we really need to be winning if we're going to claw ourselves clear of danger.

• Like 2

That should have read...

...A lot can happen between now and the end of the season can't it and if we manage to get through the rest of the season without too many new Covid cases in the camp, we might manage not to have to sweat too much at the end. Being Wednesday though, we do like doing everything the hard way don't we so it looks like being exciting again, if nothing else!

I agree that a draw would be an ok result tonight, but we are still going to have to win games too from now to the summer, so although beating any team in the division is good, it would be very good to beat Coventry, because they are not out of reach and they would have to up their game against the rest of the opposition for the remainder of the games, which could also help our cause.

More than anything tonight, I would like to see us get at least a point and look like a team capable of beating Coventry. If that means putting away chances that could give us the confidence to keep attacking teams, I would like to see us do that and finish the season with a bit of fire, rather than go out with a whimper while relying only on teams not scoring against us. I think Mr Thompson can find the right balance between the two and build confidence in the players while doing it.

Hopefully we have enough still left in the squad tonight to put a winning team out, but if not having a team that can hold Coventry may have to do for now. I think we might all need to get our lucky shirts on tonight though because they will not be lying down for us.

UTO!

A draw wouldn’t be unacceptable tonight IMHO, but only if we can then beat Wycombe next week.

Judging by how Wycombe played against Spurs for large parts of their recent FA Cup game, a win against Wycombe is far from guaranteed

34 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Can someone explain the situation re the red button for midweek games.  As all Championship games are kicking off at 7.00 is the game covered and if not why?

This game was originally to be played on a Saturday and therefore is not part of the sky red button deal.