Season suspension possibility growing ?

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

So everyone else is travelling hundreds of miles a week to work in the middle of a pandemic?

I've not travelled anywhere for work since march either, all done from the comfort of my house.

I work in the construction sector ... mileage travelled to site(s) unaltered by the pandemic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

So everyone else is travelling hundreds of miles a week to work in the middle of a pandemic?

I've not travelled anywhere for work since march either, all done from the comfort of my house.

I travel hundreds of miles every day for work. 

It’s not like the players are travelling then going out shopping in that area. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Money talks.

Hence why scotland have only suspended lower leagues and why the same will happen in England so they 'appear' to be doing something.

Punishment for Celtic going to Dubai on board a private jet for a jolly and not following social distance guidelines.

That'll teach the lower leagues.

24 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately logic, morality & players health & safety aren’t top of the list for our football authorities.

It's not the football authorities who will decide.

The BBC reported that the Government is under pressure to shut elite sport down

Images of players celebrating inside tightly packed dressing rooms in the FA Cup dominated the sporting agenda and social media this weekend - while crowds of fans gathering outside Cup ties drew criticism and caught the attention of government ministers.

On the back of players from all levels of the game apologising for various coronavirus rule breaches, the case for football to continue while the rest of society is locked down is coming under increasing scrutiny.

Elite sport has been able to continue under strict protocols established in the summer

BBC sports editor Dan Roan says while elite sport is not yet in the "last-chance saloon", there are "no guarantees", with "patience wearing thin".

You can read more here.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

and im the opposite ive worked every day since march bar days off . some of us dont work in front of a computer screen 40 hours per week . once that internet goes down you lot have had it . 

Yes, the internet is on limited time here, we're so close to having it. I've read some testicles on here but the internet going down 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a tricky one, senior football benefits from elite sports status - which have mental health benefits for their followers, whilst a totally different sport snooker (The Masters) is on at the mo show exactly how it's possible.

Unfortunately footballers are their own worst enemies, celebrating on the pitch and in the dressing room and a few on social media like normal when these are not normal times, all seemingly without punishment.

I do wonder if the BBC contributed to all this by broadcasting scenes of the dressing room celebrations and the crowd greeting the coach last night - it didn't need to.

Unless footballers start restraining their celebrations on pitch and start complying with all guidance, I can only see the clamour to stop the season growing.

• Like 2

I think it is unreasonable that games are played against teams weakened by COVID19.  Last Saturday’s game featuring Wayne Rooney’s Derby was a travesty ( if you’re a neutral) and should never have been played. It hardly matters that there are no fans present. It’s just not right! There is nothing wrong with cancelling the season - say from January 1st 2021 before games were seriously affected by COVID- and continuing from August as a short season with fans present. 
In that way, those who have done well will have their points acknowledged, and those suffering will have a chance to turn things around with a full squad.

This pursuit of the league programme at all costs is ridiculous- two to three games in eight days with half the squad missing will result in serious injuries and long term damage to players.

Other opinions are available as always!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Minton said:

I've seen some proper b*llocks posted on here, but this is up there with the best of them. 

Shut the f*ck up, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. 

Spot on...unfortunately the COVIDIOTS are everywhere...even on here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

A lot of people do have to travel a lot of miles to work as their jobs require it.

It's nice if you can work from home but loads can't.