Season suspension possibility growing ?

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Spot on...unfortunately the COVIDIOTS are everywhere...even on here

It beats me why they think they are right and the whole world is wrong...one told me the NHS has loads of room and are not that busy...

Even though my niece is a nurse and my mates wife is ward manager, they don't believe how bad it is, yet keep liking Tracy's posts on facebook who just sits on the settee all day swigging vodka.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

So I know its been debated before on here but surely now the chances of season being suspended has got to have grown .

More teams are sending back positive tests , rugby has put a two week break in place , Scotland have stopped football in all leagues below championship and Cup games and we have Fulham games having to be swapped around to accommodate other teams 

With the above being said surely its only a matter of time before the EFL looks to suspended football to some extent 

You have to remember the FA dont call the shots...... Sky and BT do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It beats me why they think they are right and the whole world is wrong...one told me the NHS has loads of room and are not that busy...

Even though my niece is a nurse and my mates wife is ward manager, they don't believe how bad it is, yet keep liking Tracy's posts on facebook who just sits on the settee all day swigging vodka.

Yep. Completely baffles me how all I've heard for years is 'Hospital wait times are too long, NHS under pressure, under funded' etc, yet for some reason some people have now decided, with a Pandemic on top of this, that all of a sudden theres loads of room! 

I can safely say from experience, they're busy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I will admit I don't understand why all of those involved seem insistent on fist pumping eachother etc at the end of games/before games, often hugging each other as well

Just make an agreement as a league, FA or whatever that that kind of stuff wont happen. 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Even though my niece is a nurse and my mates wife is ward manager, they don't believe how bad it is, yet keep liking Tracy's posts on facebook who just sits on the settee al day swigging vodka.

That;s why Tracy isn't in hospital !!

VODKA KILLS THE VIRUS ! lol

They should make it available on prescription.:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

3 hours ago, westy365owl said:

So I know its been debated before on here but surely now the chances of season being suspended has got to have grown .

More teams are sending back positive tests , rugby has put a two week break in place , Scotland have stopped football in all leagues below championship and Cup games and we have Fulham games having to be swapped around to accommodate other teams 

With the above being said surely its only a matter of time before the EFL looks to suspended football to some extent 

And Jimmy Krankie has condemned the actions of Celtic. Reckon the season will be suspended. 

1 hour ago, Minton said:

No we wouldn't, our 6 points comes off *after* the ppg tally. I believe we are currently down if we stopped now.

Can't find a deffo rule on that anywhere.

When the EFL published the punishment, they said...the point deduction will apply to the 2020 / 21 season.

If the season is only 50% complete, fairly sure our lawyers would accept the full 6pt deduction without a fight.

Imo we would have a very good case..assuming there is no ruling for such a scenario.

29 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Whilst ever the snorters are in the running for being the worst side ever, ever, ever the season needs to keep going, we cannot let this humiliation cease!!!

Exactly!

and probably the reason tufty hasn’t quit, hoping the season will be scrapped

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Can't find a deffo rule on that anywhere.

When the EFL published the punishment, they said...the point deduction will apply to the 2020 / 21 season.

If the season is only 50% complete, fairly sure our lawyers would accept the full 6pt deduction without a fight.

Imo we would have a very good case..assuming there is no ruling for such a scenario.

Macclesfield were deducted points last season after the ppg was calculated, there is precedent I'm afraid. It's why the games coming up against fellow relegation candidates are so vital. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

Macclesfield were deducted points last season after the ppg was calculated, there is precedent I'm afraid. It's why the games coming up against fellow relegation candidates are so vital. 

Slightly different scenario. In June Macclesfield were deducted 2 points with a further 4 suspended for non payment of wages. This meant that Macclesfield would remain in League 2 after the ppg calculation. However the EFL appealed the Disciplinary Commisions decision & won with the Appeals Commision finding in August that the other 4 points should not have been suspended, therefore relegating Macclesfield.