8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

How the feck is appointing a lower league manager who has never managed above Championship level a good appointment.

It's not like he is an up coming manager.

Seriously underwhelming appointment but then again what decent manager would want to work under this nut job.

Wilder hadn't done much before he went to the lane. That didn't turn out too shabby.

If he's got what it takes he will keep us up then we can move on from there. Just give the guy a chance.

DC is his handicap though if you look at it in betting terms. Hopefully they can work it out between them.

• Like 3

Having studied that late run last season, where Wigan went on to collect an impressive 36 points from 18 games, its allayed one of my concerns. Most people were saying he was, if not too defensive, then certainly, a bit cautious. This is not born out by the statistics, as Wigan won 10 of those 18 games, scoring 32 goals in the process. He set the team up in an attacking 4-2-3-1, which I favour. Generally I have an aversion to shouty managers, especially scousers, but if I can get beyond that, maybe I can get on board. Worst case scenario is, 4 months of watching games on mute😏

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Having studied that late run last season, where Wigan went on to collect an impressive 36 points from 18 games, its allayed one of my concerns. Most people were saying he was, if not too defensive, then certainly, a bit cautious. This is not born out by the statistics, as Wigan won 10 of those 18 games, scoring 32 goals in the process. He set the team up in an attacking 4-2-3-1, which I favour. Generally I have an aversion to shouty managers, especially scousers, but if I can get beyond that, maybe I can get on board. Worst case scenario is, 4 months of watching games on mute😏

His teams play sensible football. A lot of rubbish about defensive football style. He does play 4-2-3-1and I like this set up. However he will adapt to players we have available. His recruitment is excellent just look at collection of players he had at Wigan last season many of whom were sold off in fire sale. He also assembled some good players during his time at Chesterfield. Big clubs trust him with their loan players. Team will be organised. He is just what we need.  

• Like 3

For me, I feel he could be the next KPS, just comes in and gets it!

A lower manager who has never "failed". Surely that is better than someone who have managed in the premiership and is on the manager merry-go-round (pulis, monk, Pearson etc)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Themagiccap said:

Is there anything to suggest he has the record or experience to get us out of trouble. Very underwhelming for me if he gets the job.

and he wouldn't stay at Wigan in league one so would he with us? 

He left Wigan because the administrators were having to sell his players from under him for a relative pittance rather than simply because they'd dropped into League One:

"But when you're a manager and players are going to be sold without your consultation, the reality is you're not managing the club anymore."

He won enough points to keep newly-promoted Wigan up, and would have had them in mid-table last season were it not for their 12 point deduction.

Three promotions in the past half decade or so isn't a poor record, either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quist said:

His teams play sensible football. A lot of rubbish about defensive football style. He does play 4-2-3-1and I like this set up. However he will adapt to players we have available. His recruitment is excellent just look at collection of players he had at Wigan last season many of whom were sold off in fire sale. He also assembled some good players during his time at Chesterfield. Big clubs trust him with their loan players. Team will be organised. He is just what we need.  

Yeah I was thinking about the players on loan bit, maybe get some from Liverpool haha. 

19 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

For me, I feel he could be the next KPS, just comes in and gets it!

A lower manager who has never "failed". Surely that is better than someone who have managed in the premiership and is on the manager merry-go-round (pulis, monk, Pearson etc)

KPS? King Paul Sturrock?

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I remember Wigan giving us a right going over in the season opener a couple of years back. The 3-2 defeat flattered us big time. 

Tbf we probably haven’t been the better team in any game over the last few years, even the ones we’ve managed to win 

• Haha 1