11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Coleman’s odds shortening and Cooks lengthened slightly. Don’t you ******** dare DC. 

Would be a gamble undoubtedly but of the two Coleman is likely to be more comfortable with having players signed for him having worked abroad where this sort of set-up is more common plus having worked with Wales where he has to work with the players available to him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree. Cook imo is the best out of the names linked. Not sure why Coleman is so heavily linked though. 

Appointing Coleman would be suicidal. The more I'm hearing Cook these last two nights on sky the more I want him to get the job as soon as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The bookies odds don’t mean anything, just where the money’s going.

I have a feeling that after Bruce walked out on us and the way things ended with Monk and Pulis, Chansiri will be of the opinion of “I've tried with British based managers and giving them control of transfers etc and it hasn’t worked. Time to go back to bringing in a foreign coach who’ll let me sign all the players”.

It’s just the feeling I get, the next manager won’t be Paul Cook, I think there’s every chance that it could be a name from abroad and that hasn’t even been mentioned yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cook is the best option at this moment in time, knows the league knows the players and what it’s all about? Think if it was summer time with a full pre season and transfer window to operate in then a new foreign coach could be the way forward.however we haven’t the time to mess about it’s all about staying in this league. Cook had been successful in most of the clubs he’s been at, plays attacking football develops players and generally leaves clubs in a better position than when he arrives? Wigan different case as points docked and he walked. On  the point about us not being the biggest pull anymore we probably ain’t especially will the circus behind the scenes but... a lot of managers still see us as a sleeping giant and want to be the one to take us back up . That scenario quite a distance away for anybody but I’d be quite confident cook will pull us the right way as long as he backed reasonably and given bit of time

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I'm not too fussed about Cook but I'd gladly drive him to Hillsborough & listen to his whiney scouse accent if it means that Coleman doesn't get the job.

Coleman’s bint is a blunt..how’s that gunner work 

Appointing foreign managers has not been a roaring success in the past apart from Carlos maybe, so i don't think we should be going down that road. I would give it Cook and hope he can steady the ship and keep us up. That's the main objective for the rest of this season. uto