If this is accurate then good luck to him, he definitely was not my choice, I would have gone for Mick McCarthy or chosen the overseas coach route, with  Rene Weiler .

Time will only tell if he becomes another who ends up on the scrap heap like so many before him or someone who can work with our beloved chairman and maybe reignite the heart of our club and take us forward because that's the only direction we can afford to go at this present time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

How the feck is appointing a lower league manager who has never managed above Championship level a good appointment.

It's not like he is an up coming manager.

Seriously underwhelming appointment but then again what decent manager would want to work under this nut job.

Yeah, he'll seriously struggle when our Europa League matches against Leverkusen and Villarreal come round in quick succession after the Winter break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, 0114 said:

Personally didn’t want a foreign appointment mid season in a relegation fight. So happy with Cook. 

He’s won league titles in his last 3 jobs at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. Can work on a budget and has a history of really developing players.

For whats out there and the position we are in, I don’t think there’s a more ideal person. 

It’s people like you that ruin this forum. Happy with Cook?

Coming on here with your common sense and considered reasoning.

You make me sick.

• Haha 8

Guest gizowl
15 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

You guys are suppose to watch the weather.lol

Lucy-Verasamy-1472173.jpg?r=153493390688 

Who would be bothered about the weather if your snuggled up with her. 

15 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

This all feels like the time Gary rowett was asked about the job by Geoff on soccer Saturday and later that day id remortgaged and lumped on. Not falling into that trap again.

I need to make an urgent call then 😳

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
49 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I wanted Cook before and would be happy with this. Just seems a very good fit for us right now.

Agree and I like the phrase.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

How the feck is appointing a lower league manager who has never managed above Championship level a good appointment.

Seriously underwhelming appointment but then again what decent manager would want to work under this nut job.

This “ nut job” will be recruiting and funding the fan’s choice. Well done DC. Credit where it’s due.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I'd forgotten about that, and the 8-1 v Spora.  I hang my head in shame. Oddly enough, the Aldershot result came after a 0-0 at Hillsborough. 

I don’t think we’d won that season before the Aldershot game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I hope he is a Evertonian if we do set him on 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/meet-title-winning-boss-who-14665054 "Massive Liverpool fan" That's it I don't want him haha. Also looks like he would give Rotherham Owls coach a run for their money.lol   

10 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Just seen the clip where he gets asked - had no idea what he said , had to put his sunglasses on, what’s he done to his Teeth

He could be our new Marco Matias haha.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Who do/did you want? Cook reminds me of managers like Dean Smith and Sean Dyche in a lot of ways. I remember people not wanting Smith when he was at/left Brentford. Cook could be our Smith/Dyche, hopefully.