3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/meet-title-winning-boss-who-14665054 "Massive Liverpool fan" That's it I don't want him haha. Also looks like he would give Rotherham Owls coach a run for their money.lol   

He could be our new Marco Matias haha.

Who do/did you want? Cook reminds me of managers like Dean Smith and Sean Dyche in a lot of ways. I remember people not wanting Smith when he was at/left Brentford. Cook could be our Smith/Dyche, hopefully.

Hold my hands up to Smith.   

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't say I was happy with those appointments at the time but could see the logic, cook come into the same bracket.

Probably more relived we weren't going for some left field foreign coach noone had ever heard of - that might be a better way of describing it lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Apparently nearly every game of his two and a half years in charge of Wigan he played 4-2-3-1 with a big mobile striker up top, a left back and a striker would presumably be top of his wanted list this month. Also think this formation will suit Reach,Harris, Windass,Kachunga and Brown way more than what we currently play with those 5 fighting it out for the 3 places behind a front man.

His Wigan team had some decent attacking players and usually gave us a hard time. He certainly doesn’t park the bus.

He’d be quite close to what we had in Brian Laws. Able to communicate with fans which is key here.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

His Wigan team had some decent attacking players and usually gave us a hard time. He certainly doesn’t park the bus.

He’d be quite close to what we had in Brian Laws. Able to communicate with fans which is key here.

Cook and Laws that would be a good combo

• Like 1

He genuinely sounds like he would want to come here and be successful. I think he’d respect the club and fans and do his best to get us winning games. Pulis and Monk always sounded like they knew better then everyone else and losing atrociously was never their fault. I don’t think we’d get that with cook.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I don’t think we’d won that season before the Aldershot game?

That was the game big Ron’s team started to click into shape? I was aldershot and hirst came on and all players were passing to him for him to score? Still didn’t but he soon started? The team was struggling a bit and all of a sudden bingo! Although still went down after playing some great stuff 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ANDY said:

We can expect a trophy if cook does come in as manager. 

his name is an anagram of ....

look a cup 

and 

U lack poo

Which clearly he won’t. We’ve plenty. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A shudder went down my spine when I heard Pulis had got the job

I get that when I see his name now, I just get the picture of him shouting/his gob open on the touchline with all the Wednesday stuff on. Cook should have got the job instead of him, if he's got it now I would be happy. I was wanting/thinking it would be a foreign coach like Ivić, Fink or that Swiss guy I think with the name beginning with R.   

There are one or two candidates out there who I’d rather entrust with a longer term rebuild, but maybe they aren’t necessarily what’s required right now. Pretty certain DC, having been burnt, will insist on a deal only until the end of the season. That won’t particularly interest those who might be looking to build something more sustainable. If Cook comes in until the end of the season, and passes his audition, then he’s in prime position to be the option going forward. If he isn’t that convincing, and just staying up, to my mind wouldn’t be enough, then we can think about some of the other more suitable candidates. If Cook however, comes in and produces that late Wigan form, then he could get himself a long term deal. 

Edited by gurujuan
  • Thanks 1