The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

45 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunkley played in all but three games when Wigan won the League One title, conceding just 29 goals. He chipped in with 7 goals, too.

Unless he has long-term issues related to his injury, he should be plenty good enough at this level.

I usually respect your posts but even David Blunket could seen that Dunkley is shot , 

Shocking signing 

• Like 1

If we're happy to sign another loan for the 4th choice CB, then Kelland Watts from Newcastle could be decent. Spent last season at Plymouth.

Obviously would them mean 6 loans so someone would have to miss out. But there will be a few games when Peacock Farrell will have too for starters.

When we consider the big earners going, as well as getting fees for Borner, Shaw and Urgohide how close to a sustainable model are we? 

We've brought in 5 loans, where you'd hope the parent club will be paying a large slice towards wages. We've brought in younger players like Adeniran and Brown who you'd expect to be on lower wages than their counterparts such as Pelupessey and Reach. 

Plus we've got fans back in the ground, are we back on track or is there some way to go still? 

39 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If we're happy to sign another loan for the 4th choice CB, then Kelland Watts from Newcastle could be decent. Spent last season at Plymouth.

Obviously would them mean 6 loans so someone would have to miss out. But there will be a few games when Peacock Farrell will have too for starters.

I think we will loan another defender in and send our Brennan on loan. all 6 of the loan players won't be guaranteed starters anyway.

Not sure why people are moaning about BazOwl on the Sunderland forum. Most of what he wrote is completely true.

Interesting reading some of their views. They don't seem too confident and just looking at that their squad, I don't think there are many players I would take at Wednesday from them. 

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why? If you’re talking internationals then there is a good chance ours will be called off.

Peacock-Farrell, Palmer, Paterson, Brennan and Luongo could all possibly be in national or U21 squads.

6 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

I usually respect your posts but even David Blunket could seen that Dunkley is shot , 

Shocking signing 

A shocking signing at the time we made it? Yeah. We needed a centre back and signed one with a broken leg!

Now though, in the context of needing a backup centre back for League One? He should be fine.

He was always going to take time to get back up to speed after such an awful injury, and by the time he returned in December, he was joining a team in disarray. It's no surprise we didn't see the best of him. Were it not for Lees' injury, I doubt he'd have been thrown in again at the end of the season, either.

With a full pre-season under his belt and back at a level he's excelled at before, he should have a better season this time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, owlinexile said:

I see the 'Big Time Charlie Sheffield Wednesday are in for a rude awakening' line is coming out again though on that forum.

Like we just came down with parachute money and aren't intimately acquainted with the League 1 experience.

Or our manager wasn’t down here last season, in the play off spots with Doncaster.

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why? If you’re talking internationals then there is a good chance ours will be called off.

Peacock-Farrell, Palmer, Paterson, Brennan and Luongo could all possibly be in national or U21 squads.

Palmer and Paterson have no chance of further call ups.

• Like 2

Great signing for Ipswich if it happens……

Young Aston Villa hot shot Louie Barry is expected to join League One side Ipswich Town on a season-long loan deal.

The 18-year-old has been with Dean Smith's first-team squad since pre-season started last month with Barry impressing at Bodymoor Heath and, this week, at Villa's London training camp. 

The Sutton Coldfield striker joined Villa from Barcelona 18 months ago while, last season, Barry scored 20 goals in his 26 games, including that memorable goal to equalise for Villa in the FA Cup against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in January. 

Barry also scored five and assisted four to help Villa clinch FA Youth Cup success in what was a standout season for the England under-18 ace.

• Like 1

Looking at resources available to them Cheltenham did great to bring in on loan couple of quality young midfielders in Callum Wright from Leicester (did really well there on loan last season) and Wolves Taylor Perry.

Couple of players well worth keeping an eye on due to their age and talent.

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Centre back will come in. Should be a young player with potential and is likely to be 4th choice.

I think any more signings will be dependant on others leaving and I think that would be sensible. 

Lewis Gibson from Everton would be a good shout but I’m not sure how it’d work with the amount of loans we’ve already brought in. 6 foot centre half who can play left back, played 13 times for Reading last season (6 starts). Everton might want him to be a guaranteed starter and I’m not sure we could offer that

• Like 1