The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

On 05/08/2021 at 21:55, NOT jack whitham said:

Still have a feeling we may be trying to do a deal for Jamie McCart, left sided centre back and wears shirt number 4 😊

Zero chance of that happening. We won’t be paying what St Johnstone will want in transfer fee.

13 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Would like us to offer Paterson in a swap deal for McCart.

St Johnstone couldn’t pay Paterson’s wages and Paterson would have zero interest in joining the Fermers anyway. I’d imagine their top earner is probably on a fifth of what he is on at Hillsborough.

On 05/08/2021 at 22:08, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunkley played in all but three games when Wigan won the League One title, conceding just 29 goals. He chipped in with 7 goals, too.

Unless he has long-term issues related to his injury, he should be plenty good enough at this level.

How long ago?

As we saw with Jordan Rhodes, past endeavors mean little. It is the here and now that matters and in a Wednesday shirt how can anyone be happy? He has been slow, cumbersome and his lack of awareness and speed ultimately relegated us.

Thankfully Moore sees a lot of what other managers are missing and I hear he is after two more CB. So he must see this too.

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

How long ago?

As we saw with Jordan Rhodes, past endeavors mean little. It is the here and now that matters and in a Wednesday shirt how can anyone be happy? He has been slow, cumbersome and his lack of awareness and speed ultimately relegated us.

Thankfully Moore sees a lot of what other managers are missing and I hear he is after two more CB. So he must see this too.

There seems to be a lot of people hearing things at the moment. Can't believe so many have connections.

5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m hoping that’s it actually. The squad is the right size now in my opinion 

Yeah not sure what position we would still be looking to strengthen further, maybe another striker or defensive midfield?  Probably turn out to be another wide player! 

41 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

How long ago?

Three years ago.

At 29, he's got a few years left to return to his best.

Blaming him for our relegation last season seems a bit harsh: he was a minor player in our pantomime of sh*te.

As I said, we've clearly not seen the best of him in a Wednesday shirt, but if he can fully recover from his injury after a full pre-season, then he should be good enough backup for us in this division.

If Gibson has signed that would be great even better if it’s Permanent or a chance of making it permanently 

icing on the cake for me would be Sims 

right kid of player great age and free for a permanent transfer 

I think greens in his last year anyway and whilst I’ve not completely written him off yet you have to take those chances and I think he’ll be third choice left and right wide 4th if we’re including windass in there green for me Is defo one that we can accept a bid on if we’re actually going to sell players 

that said it’s a squad game snd he will feature just less than others I think 

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Surely that means the (maybe Dutch) player we are rumoured to be signing will be a free transfer.  As having 7 loan players would be a bit daft. Their parent clubs wouldn’t be too impressed 

What happened to Sydney Van Hooijdonk think we were linked with him last summer?