The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Striker or another Keeper maybe? 

Maybe not a keeper with Jackson signing the new contract and we’ve got Wildsmith too.  But yes it could be a striker as we’ve only really got two at the moment with Kamberi and Gregory.  Windass won’t be back for a couple of months.  Wonder if there’s any decent Dutch strikers available on a free 

Just now, Jim said:

We can’t keep adding to the wage bill without a bit of balance besides the 3 players I’ve mentioned are out of contract at the end of the season. We can’t  keep losing players for nowt.

Surely the balance came when we released pretty much all of our players?

As I said, if we have better replacements lined up then fair enough, if not then I’m not sure players we deem not good enough for our first team will net us much in fees anyway

• Like 1

I reckon that'll be us done now. Unless the Sims deal is revisited.

Looking at the squad, the six loan players could become a bit of an issue. Wing, Peacock-Farrell, Shodipo and Corbeanu you'd imagine will be shoe-ins if fit, so perhaps it'll be either Gibson or Kamberi for the final fifth spot.

Wouldn't surprise me, if we sell Paterson, and maybe look to turn one of those loans into a permanent deal before the window closes. Perhaps there's already an agreed price for Wing, Kamberi or Shodipo, which we'll exercise if we manage to bring in a bit of money through sales. Because, on the face of it, those six players could all be key players, and I can't imagine any of those players and their parent clubs will be particularly happy if they are regularly missing games due to an over-subscription of loan players.

Edited by frastheowl

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I reckon that'll be us done now. Unless the Sims deal is revisited.

Looking at the squad, the six loan players could become a bit of an issue. Wing, Peacock-Farrell, Shodipo and Corbeanu you'd imagine will be shoe-ins if fit, so perhaps it'll be either Gibson or Kamberi for the final fifth spot.

Wouldn't surprise me, if we sell Paterson, and maybe look to turn one of those loans into a permanent deal before the window closes. Perhaps there's already an agreed price for Wing, Kamberi or Shodipo, which we'll exercise if we manage to bring in a bit of money through sales. Because, on the face of it, those six players could all be key players, and I can't imagine any of those players and their parent clubs will be particularly happy if they are regularly missing games due to an over-subscription of loan players.

I don't think the 6 loans will be a problem. Games will come thick and fast, we will need to rest players at times so there will be plenty of game time to go around.

8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Ellis Harrison was garbage at ITFC 

Didnt think he'd been at Portsmouth long 

We already have plenty of wide forwards, who don't score 

Marquis is a good player who will occupy that spot all season if he’s fit I’d rather buy him but he’ll cost to much.

Wouldn’t be too fussed with Ellis Harrison.

Think another forward is essential, would be risky to go through a season with Kamberi & Gregory as our only 2 recognised strikers. 

However I understand Moore’s hands are tied a little. We have no money to spend and the loan spots are all used up.

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Marquis is a good player who will occupy that spot all season if he’s fit I’d rather buy him but he’ll cost to much.

I'd rather have Mbappe to do it. But he'd probably cost too much as well