The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

where have you heard such rumours? 

From my son, a mate of his has called a few of our signings up to now. No idea of his source.

I'm calling bull unless Att follows him on Insta.

1 hour ago, Standidno said:

Stinks of a mix between Turners 04/05 failed start and Irvine’s mid season spendathon on 2010. Neither ended well.

need to give our Darren time though.

Think it’s more like Megson’s recruitment in 2011 if you ask me.

• Like 1

Anyone complaining about our signings this window needs to give their head a wobble.

It's about as good as you could expect and much better than most of us feared. If we've got this squad together without paying a fee or breaking the bank on wages then someone has played a blinder. All credit to them

• Like 5

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Anyone complaining about our signings this window needs to give their head a wobble.

It's about as good as you could expect and much better than most of us feared. If we've got this squad together without paying a fee or breaking the bank on wages then someone has played a blinder. All credit to them

Yes, it’s been a fantastic window given the negativity surrounding the club over the last 4 years and with no money to spend as well as being in league one. We couldn’t have asked for any more here. Still don’t think it’s the end of our recruitment. Can see another couple of coming in and maybe a couple of senior players leaving, possibly Paterson or Green. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

Agreed.

I personally didn't expect us to sign this many and of Championship quality.  

The club was in a complete free fall, but Moore and his team have without a doubt steadied the ship.  

• Like 1

One thing for me is all these signings have been made to strengthen the weak spots in the squad. The business has been done before the league kicks off this showing a hell of a lot of planning and structure to get the targets over the line early? Apart from the strikers who might not have been first choice it’s so different from the scatter gun affect we’ve had for last few years with some players we ain’t even heard of! So refreshing to see that moore has obviously had a free reign with no one in the shadows meddling things up. Bet that was one of conditions moore asked for when taking the job . Well done moore and his back room staff for getting done wot they done . Now let’s hope they gell quickly enough and have a great season let’s be honest been a struggle watching us last few seasons 

51 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Are we going to be within FFP this season? 

I’m pretty sure we will be fine we got rid of deadwood some who were on 40k a week and replaced them with loans of freebies on less wages.

also got a couple of fees for players 

51 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Sunderland have a similar thread to this one, an awful lot of discussion about our signings in the last 10 pages or so.

I found it very interesting to read the views of fans from another club you’d expect to be there or there abouts this season.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/league-1-transfers.1551990/page-90

This comment made me look twice I thought I was still reading owlstalk 

6E170247-6A47-4765-A625-50B58342D692.jpeg

• Haha 1