The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

On 05/08/2021 at 23:47, Groundhopping Owl said:

I think the Sunderland fans' comments are pretty fair, we certainly shouldn't expect to walk this league - we've signed well, but belatedly. I'd still snap you hand off for 6th tbh.

In think the signings have come in with pretty normal timing, to be fair. Players aren’t in a hurry to find new clubs, but are generally happy to wait for the best offer. 

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

Would the player not have to be of a decent standard or have played in UK for before to qualify for a work permit now ?

Mitchel Bergkamp at Watford. Someone mentioned the name the other day. No nothing about him apart from being the son of Denis Bergkamp. 

I now count 22 players we have over the age of 20, that's the maximum allowed.

So any more signings would have to be under 21, unless any of the current squad leave to free up a space.

BPF

Wildsmith

Hunt J.

Palmer 

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Dunkley

Gibson

Brown

Bannan

Luongo

Byers

Wing

Adeniran

Hunt A.

Johnson

Gregory

Kamberi

Green

Paterson

Shodipo

Windass

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I now count 22 players we have over the age of 20, that's the maximum allowed.

So any more signings would have to be under 21, unless any of the current squad leave to free up a space.

BPF

Wildsmith

Hunt J.

Palmer 

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Dunkley

Gibson

Brown

Bannan

Luongo

Byers

Wing

Adeniran

Hunt A.

Johnson

Gregory

Kamberi

Green

Paterson

Shodipo

Windass

Pretty sure someone on here said the 22 does not include goalkeepers. Whether that's true or not I don't know.

24 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Mitchel Bergkamp at Watford. Someone mentioned the name the other day. No nothing about him apart from being the son of Denis Bergkamp. 

Quick google he’s 22 and no longer at Watford so would presumably be a free transfer. Classed as an attacking midfielder so if it was him and the over 20 year old limit has been reached assume someone is off….maybe Alex Hunt out on loan?

BPF/Wildsmith/Jackson

Hunt/Palmer

Iorfa/Dunkley 

Hutchinson/Gibson

Johnson/Brown

Adeniran/Luongo

Bannan/Byers

Corbeanu/Adedoyin 

Wing/Paterson/Dele-Bashiru

Shodipo/Green

Gregory/Kamberi/Windass

Probably room for either a winger or a left back depending on where Moore sees Johnson spending most of his time. 

It’d be good to get Galvin, Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Brennan, Dawudo and Hagan out on loan if we can. 

22 minutes ago, Random Task said:

BPF/Wildsmith/Jackson

Hunt/Palmer

Iorfa/Dunkley 

Hutchinson/Gibson

Johnson/Brown

Adeniran/Luongo

Bannan/Byers

Corbeanu/Adedoyin 

Wing/Paterson/Dele-Bashiru

Shodipo/Green

Gregory/Kamberi/Windass

Probably room for either a winger or a left back depending on where Moore sees Johnson spending most of his time. 

It’d be good to get Galvin, Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Brennan, Dawudo and Hagan out on loan if we can. 

I think we need to get some young players out on Loan, Alex Hunt and Brennan in particular.

Still think we’ll see 1 or 2 senior pros leave. Paterson is one I expect to go. I could also see late interest in Palmer and Luongo. Luongo in particular if he’s on the bench again today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Quick google he’s 22 and no longer at Watford so would presumably be a free transfer. Classed as an attacking midfielder so if it was him and the over 20 year old limit has been reached assume someone is off….maybe Alex Hunt out on loan?

Maybe Van Persie has a son playing. Just a wild guess. 

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think we need to get some young players out on Loan, Alex Hunt and Brennan in particular.

Still think we’ll see 1 or 2 senior pros leave. Paterson is one I expect to go. I could also see late interest in Palmer and Luongo. Luongo in particular if he’s on the bench again today.

It doesn’t seem like we’re desperate to get players off the wage bill. If we can replace them immediately with better then fair enough but we aren’t in a position where we can let players go without having replacements lined up. 

We’re going to need first team quality players on the bench over the the course of a 50+ game season, and 12 new signings is a lot already. We need a balance between known and unknown quantities in the squad. 

36 minutes ago, Random Task said:

It doesn’t seem like we’re desperate to get players off the wage bill. If we can replace them immediately with better then fair enough but we aren’t in a position where we can let players go without having replacements lined up. 

We’re going to need first team quality players on the bench over the the course of a 50+ game season, and 12 new signings is a lot already. We need a balance between known and unknown quantities in the squad. 

We can’t keep adding to the wage bill without a bit of balance besides the 3 players I’ve mentioned are out of contract at the end of the season. We can’t  keep losing players for nowt.