The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Club just signed Grealish and this from one of their own fans. 

Is this what money does to a fan base? Would we really feel the same if it was us winning titles, signing world class players (they may even get Messi)?

Yeah I think I could handle it after the shíte we’ve had to enjoy over the past 20+ years

lol 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Club just signed Grealish and this from one of their own fans. 

Is this what money does to a fan base? Would we really feel the same if it was us winning titles, signing world class players (they may even get Messi)?

I mean, he's not wrong though.

They CAN just buy the 'best' players and a ton of silverware every year.

Winning every time with no jeopardy is boring.  No matter how many 'world class players' you collect like a panini sticker album.

• Like 2

Realistically we 100% need a new CB. Iorfa and Hutchinson are the undisputable first choices but after that you could argue we need two CBs as Dunkley is not good enough, other than a cheer leader on twitter and Brennan untested.

Two new CBs and we would have a complete squad. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Realistically we 100% need a new CB. Iorfa and Hutchinson are the undisputable first choices but after that you could argue we need two CBs as Dunkley is not good enough, other than a cheer leader on twitter and Brennan untested.

Two new CBs and we would have a complete squad. 

Dunkley played in all but three games when Wigan won the League One title, conceding just 29 goals. He chipped in with 7 goals, too.

Unless he has long-term issues related to his injury, he should be plenty good enough at this level.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Left footed CB for me and then were done

Agree, ideally someone under the age of 27 due to having Hutch and Dunkley there who are already experienced. 

I'd also like to get Sims and move Paterson out to create the space for him 

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Agree, ideally someone under the age of 27 due to having Hutch and Dunkley there who are already experienced. 

I'd also like to get Sims and move Paterson out to create the space for him 

Yeah I would agree. Has that Will Boyle got a club yet?

I think the Sunderland fans' comments are pretty fair, we certainly shouldn't expect to walk this league - we've signed well, but belatedly. I'd still snap you hand off for 6th tbh.

Did make me smile when they were talking about "fancy dan Championship players" or whatever it was, I suppose that's from their own bitter experience of coming down with the same attitude a couple of years ago.

Also can't understand why BazOwl is copping for so much abuse, he's hardly saying anything we haven't said on here a million times. DC's incompetence got us a points deduction which ended up relegating us when we'd got enough points to stay up, end of.

• Like 1