Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Sounds like the issue may not have been transfer related at all. And the club just wanted Pulis's style of football gone from it.

Remember what Chansiri said as he was signing Bruce ,wasnt it I don't like your style of football.

Makes the signing of Pulis show what a desparate state we had fallen into

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Great news.

although if anyone uses the word ‘ progressive ‘ I will buy this website and issue them a lifetime ban. 

Progressive, inclusive, imaginative...

In a holiday brochure, small and friendly = poky; restful = off the beaten track/far from the seafront

Progressive means shunning tried-and-tested methods believing them to be outdated; like when 1960s architects rejected Victorian architecture and built Hyde Park flats.

Inclusive means lowering standards so nobody feels left out. So a bloke who's been working amongst men who're effing and blinding all day switches on his TV in the evening to hear yet more men effing and blinding.

Imaginative means, in our context, employing someone who 99% of the time will be a complete disaster, but better that than adhering to convention and engaging a safe pair of hands.

30 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Wouldn't Brexit work in our favour in this case, not possible to sign a josluhukay anymore? Or does DC happen to have some spare British passports available somewhere?

I don't mind a foreign manager as long as he can actually speak and understand English. It's hard to man manage if your first team coach has to translate.

Yeah I agree, Leeds suffering big time lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep it seems more likely the new investors came into play a couple of weeks ago and want Pulis gone for lots of reasons 

Even before TP was appointed, most of us were dreading the style of football we were going to get. It was never going to result in fans queuing to buy tickets. If you were investing in that- even to achieve short term goals such as avoiding relegation- the formula had to work and you had to get results. With TP you had the awful football and nothing to show for it. I wasn’t surprised he was sacked, but I thought DC gave him a decent chance under the circumstances. It was a good decision. 

• Like 1

Chansiri - ‘Welcome to Hillsborough new manager’

New manager - Er thanks I’ve got some players lined up I’d like to bring in

Chansiri - I have trusted advisers who source all our players

New manager - But I like to play a certain way and need my own players to do it

Chansiri - I KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN YOU AND MY ADVISERS SAY NO BECAUSE THEY LIKE THEIR OWN PLAYERS 

New manager - So will there be any money to spend on these new players?

Chansiri - NO

New manager - How can I work with players that I’m not allowed to mould into a team

Chansiri - THATS NOT YOUR JOB. THEY’RE MY PLAYERS NOT YOURS

New manager - So you’re basically saying I have to bend to the will of you and your advisers who’s track record so far has been the most disastrous and laughable in English football and you expect me to be okay with that?

Chansiri - YES

New manager - Okay phook it I’ll get my contract payed up when the inevitable happens anyway so who gives a sh!t

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Chansiri - ‘Welcome to Hillsborough new manager’

New manager - Er thanks I’ve got some players lined up I’d like to bring in

Chansiri - I have trusted advisers who source all our players

New manager - But I like to play a certain way and need my own players to do it

Chansiri - I KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN YOU AND MY ADVISERS SAY NO BECAUSE THEY LIKE THEIR OWN PLAYERS 

New manager - So will there be any money to spend on these new players?

Chansiri - NO

New manager - How can I work with players that I’m not allowed to mould into a team

Chansiri - THATS NOT YOUR JOB. THEY’RE MY PLAYERS NOT YOURS

New manager - So you’re basically saying I have to bend to the will of you and your advisers who’s track record so far has been the most disastrous and laughable in English football and you expect me to be okay with that?

Chansiri - YES

New manager - Okay phook it I’ll get my contract payed up when the inevitable happens anyway so who gives a sh!t

Probably close to the truth but does beg the question why they didn’t agree all this 48 days ago. 

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Who ever the next manager/Coach is, be they British or Foreign, they will need at LEAST 3 years to get a squad together and playing a style of football that is successful.

Will they get that time?, I very much doubt it.

A manager having a job for 3 years anywhere in football these days is a rarity.

From the Government web site ;

"From 1 January 2021, freedom of movement between the UK and EU will end and the UK will introduce an immigration system that will treat all applicants equally, regardless of where they come from. Anyone you want to recruit from outside the UK, excluding Irish citizens, will need to apply for permission first.".

So, if there aren't in the UK by tomorrow, or are Irish, then by the time DC or Paxo get the paperwork sorted we'll have probably missed the transfer window. 

I suppose that they could do the training etc via Zoom.

33 minutes ago, striker said:

Paxo still choosing the manager then. Do we never learn?

Clearly not, his choice we are to believe to go with Pulis, Chansiri didn’t like it and allowing him to influence the next appointment! When will he learn indeed.

• Like 1

These comments of Nixon are interesting.

He gets his information from agents and certainly from within Amadeus Paixao camp.

The first three in betting have hallmarks of AP and his chums all over them in Morais, Poyet, and Fink. However they have all drifted in market and none have been backed today.

We have the The Athletic who broke news on Erik Alonso saying Morais and Poyet not under consideration. They also say in article Cook, Lowe, Cowley and Erickson are under consideration.

If Nixon had of known about Alonso he would have broke news. 

This indicates perhaps DC has blindsided AP on latest move and their is hope.

Whatever clearly two different lines of thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

You say Jos, I say Carlos. I'll add Monk and Pulis and Bruce to that too as reasons why going foreign isn't a bad idea 

The only problem is that is that other than Bruce, neither Monk or Pulis were ever appointments that the majority wanted. 

If we'd appointed someone like Pearson or Cook instead of Monk I think those tables would turn in the favour of British over foreign. 

All ifs and and buts I know but just an opinion. 

If next manager is foreign that's fine.

Carlos came in with a win win situation ? Nobody had heard of him and an influx of quality players that we’d never in a million yrs thought we’d possess only a few months before? He was bright infectious and gave us some of the best football seen in 20 odd yrs? Then injuries and him trying to tweak and not signing players we needed instead of players’arriving’ all went wrong? Jos arrived with the charisma of a lettuce and looked like a builder working away who didn’t really want to be there. The cash flow had stopped by then and that was that ! Bruce old style manager seemed to pull team and fan base back together and things were looking up? Now whether he would have got backed remote be seen and then monk and pulis enough said about those! Whoever comes in hope he gets backed and given a bit of time if these new people bring manager and players that are better than we have great , then I’m not bothered we’re he from and chansiri more out of the picture great !!