Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

You say Jos, I say Carlos. I'll add Monk and Pulis and Bruce to that too as reasons why going foreign isn't a bad idea 

Carlos with an excellent squad built by a recruitment committee who knew what they were doing. The rest with scraps. 

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Nixon saying it’s going to be foreign haha this forum have been saying that for the past 10 hours now that’s not hard to ‘report’ is it. I get Nixon does come up with some decent stuff but he clearly does guess some of it or even look on this website ffs

Careful mate, he's a respected journalist ya know. 

Well gossip columnist anyway. 

3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Nixon saying it’s going to be foreign haha this forum have been saying that for the past 10 hours now that’s not hard to ‘report’ is it. I get Nixon does come up with some decent stuff but he clearly does guess some of it or even look on this website ffs

This forum's just been saying the new advisor to the club lives in the same house as The Simpsons

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth. The Majority of the fans wanted Stuart Gray to be given the opportunity to show what he could do. He’d worked miracles on a shoestring the season before. Any new manager is under immediate pressure if the fans didn’t want the old manager to leave. 

I can only speak for myself but, I didn’t have us anywhere near the play offs that first season. We’d signed decent players who were an improvement in what we’d already got but, I don’t personally think many expected the play offs.

Getting to the playoffs was probably not planned for and it's a pity that Carlos didn't have his reign in reverse getting better each season instead of the slow decline we saw.  

Once the playoff became a distinct possibility then the club had to go for it, but more than likely it upset the mid term planning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Getting to the playoffs was probably not planned for and it's a pity that Carlos didn't have his reign in reverse getting better each season instead of the slow decline we saw.  

Once the playoff became a distinct possibility then the club had to go for it, but more than likely it upset the mid term planning.

Maybe, but let’s not forget, 50% of the season one team was there under Gray, and he never looked like reaching the play offs. We also finished in play offs in season two. His brief, however unrealistic, was promotion in 2 years, and foolishly, all our signings were geared towards that

Just now, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but let’s not forget, 50% of the season one team was there under Gray, and he never looked like reaching the play offs. We also finished in play offs in season two. His brief, however unrealistic, was promotion in 2 years, and foolishly, all our signings were geared towards that

I thought the football was terrible under Gray, much as I respected him for his knowledge.  I know he did it on a shoestring but it was painful.  Was disappointed that he left thought they would have made a good team. 

Just now, bazapeps said:

It’s hard to properly judge any of the previous managers given the structure and constraints they’ve had to work under. Who knows have any of them would have done with a bit of stability and leadership 

That's what I was trying to tell people when they were unjustly judging Monk's last few months

Anyone who knew what happened last Christmas knows it wasn't Monk's faultl

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what I was trying to tell people when they were unjustly judging Monk's last few months

Anyone who knew what happened last Christmas knows it wasn't Monk's faultl

Have you done a form table following yesterdays result yet?

You could do one for the last 3 games and also one of your special 1-match form tables, I believe our current manager has a 100% record!