Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We just need a good manager. 

Think a manager with no experience in the English leagues will need a period of time to get up to speed with his knowledge of the league.

Those small bits of information like knowing a Millwall full back is a bit slow so move your quickest wide midfielder against him or knowing a goalkeeper is a bit suspect on crosses can make a difference.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
33 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I'd argue the opposite. He stuck with Carlos, Jos and Monk for too long. I don't disagree on your less than fully formed buttocks theory though.

I meant financial backing, not length of service. Each manager has to earn the latter.

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Be right underwhelmed if he gets it. Can it be so hard to try a fresh approach? This club? 😩

Some fans, probably a majority will be underwhelmed whoever gets the job.

It's always the way. English manager, he's been a failure at every club he's been at because they've all sacked him. Foreign manager, doesn't know the Championship, only lasts a year in any job.

No manager will please all the fans and the chipping and undermining starts from day one. Only instant success will shut the antis up and they will reappear at the first defeat.

I don't know if Wednesday fans are any better or worse than fans at other clubs. Maybe it's universal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Foreign coach that's managed or coached over here previously perhaps? The likes of Billic, Jovanovic and Silva, etc spring to mind. Might be less of a risk? 

Not in the same bracket as those three though 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think a manager with no experience in the English leagues will need a period of time to get up to speed with his knowledge of the league.

Those small bits of information like knowing a Millwall full back is a bit slow so move your quickest wide midfielder against him or knowing a goalkeeper is a bit suspect on crosses can make a difference.

Plenty of managers from abroad have done well. They can watch videos, we have scouts watching games - what matters is someone who can motivate and build a team. Having prior knowledge on whether Luton’s centre backs are up to much is something that just needs a bit of homework. 

• Like 1

I suspect Jokanovic is way out of reach, but that would certainly be an appointment I could get behind.  I doubt we’ll be so lucky, but I’ll hold onto that hope for now.  I’m sure there are others who are not currently employed but could do a decent job, just not sure we represent such a great proposition these days.

• Like 2