Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Is football the only industry where discrimination still exists surrounding the expectations of someones ability and where they are from. 

We have tried a British person so now it has to be a foreign person. 

No other job would be able to recruit along those lines. 

I think the question is what half decent British manager would touch us, knowing the running’s of the chairman? 

At least on the foreign market we’re more obscure 

Wouldn't Brexit work in our favour in this case, not possible to sign a josluhukay anymore? Or does DC happen to have some spare British passports available somewhere?

I don't mind a foreign manager as long as he can actually speak and understand English. It's hard to man manage if your first team coach has to translate.

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Let’s be real, no one can be as uninspiring as Jos was. Dishwater has more character 

I remember listening to his first interview, turned it off after a few minutes and never listened to him again he sounded awful when he spoke

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Is football the only industry where discrimination still exists surrounding the expectations of someones ability and where they are from. 

We have tried a British person so now it has to be a foreign person. 

No other job would be able to recruit along those lines. 

I think it’s more to do with the willingness to work within a certain set-up. British coaches on the whole want to be “managers” whereby continental coaches are happy to be “head coach”and allow others at the club to perform other roles that traditionally a “manager” would take care of.
Also the difference in coaching techniques, experiencing different tactical strategies and knowledge of continental markets play a part.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Sounds like the issue may not have been transfer related at all. And the club just wanted Pulis's style of football gone from it.

This is what I'm thinking reading between the lines. Which makes me think this Eric Alonso bloke is coming in more than just an advisor.