Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

Tried and tested British managers haven't worked so it makes sense to go back to what he started with. Whilst Carlos' reign ended badly, some of the best football played I've recently witnessed was played under him.

I'm all for it 

CC was only manager backed in transfer market and budget was wasted and we are still paying for largesse of his reign. It was one season gamble and they picked wrong manager.

JL was hopejess

SB knew what he was doing but betrayed us

GM abilities were exposed as coach without back up. Think this ruined confidence in players.

TP was yesterdays man recent record was poor out of touch.

Whoever you recruit have to have been in recent work no more than 12 months out. Have some past record of success in decent league in own right or have been assistant to a successful coach in good league.. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Quist said:

These comments of Nixon are interesting.

He gets his information from agents and certainly from within Amadeus Paixao camp.

The first three in betting have hallmarks of AP and his chums all over them in Morais, Poyet, and Fink. However they have all drifted in market and none have been backed today.

We have the The Athletic who broke news on Erik Alonso saying Morais and Poyet not under consideration. They also say in article Cook, Lowe, Cowley and Erickson are under consideration.

If Nixon had of known about Alonso he would have broke news. 

This indicates perhaps DC has blindsided AP on latest move and their is hope.

Whatever clearly two different lines of thought.

No chance of Lowe. In work. Not convinced in Cook and Cowley would definitely take us down. Probably Sven then?

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

Remember what Chansiri said as he was signing Bruce ,wasnt it I don't like your style of football.

Makes the signing of Pulis show what a desparate state we had fallen into

Was probably told at the time Pulis will keep you up and gets these players playing straight away. Sort out all the stuff Monk got wrong.  In 10 games that didn't happen did it. 

I’m more than happy with a foreign coach, or anyone really who can work with, and improve the players. Can you imagine our youngsters being coached by Pulis and Monk, or even Bruce? Carlos was the best coach we’ve had in a good many years, so someone along those lines would be good 

There has to be a plan though, certainly a longer term strategy than we currently have in place

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Quist said:

CC was only manager backed in transfer market and budget was wasted and we are still paying for largesse of his reign. It was one season gamble and they picked wrong manager.

JL was hopejess

SB knew what he was doing but betrayed us

GM abilities were exposed as coach without back up. Think this ruined confidence in players.

TP was yesterdays man recent record was poor out of touch.

Whoever you recruit have to have been in recent work no more than 12 months out. Have some past record of success in decent league in own right or have been assistant to a successful coach in good league.. 

Jose Morais..

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m more than happy with a foreign coach, or anyone really who can work with, and improve the players. Can you imagine our youngsters being coached by Pulis and Monk, or even Bruce? Carlos was the best coach we’ve had in a good many years, so someone along those lines would be good 

There has to be a plan though, certainly a longer term strategy than we currently have in place

This is what makes me think that Fink wouldn't be a bad option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£2 million mate

That's what I want

If Pulis can get that much for 6 weeks work then I deserve it for years or having to put up with reading this lots nonsense 24 hours a day

You really think he got 2 million, I would be totally shocked, thought he was skint. 

1 hour ago, trev said:

I wonder what the questions are during the interview?

Is it purely DC asking the questions? 

I bet it's proper weird.

"Where do you see yourself five years weeks from now"?

"This is our squad as things stand - please outline your plan for a top two finish this season"

"Tell me about a time that you have managed an injury stricken team that aren't getting paid but you still managed to take them on a 25 game unbeaten run".

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

You say Jos, I say Carlos. I'll add Monk and Pulis and Bruce to that too as reasons why going foreign isn't a bad idea 

if you get a 100-200milion budget of contracts and transfer fees even my mother could put a decent team out thats what carlos had and thats why we are in so much trouble. chansiri spent his cash very badly and was advised by clowns like carlos and paxo very badly. get in a total unknown to work with scraps will only end one way thats certain relegation. why has paul cook not been considered? 

39 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was probably told at the time Pulis will keep you up and gets these players playing straight away. Sort out all the stuff Monk got wrong.  In 10 games that didn't happen did it. 

i cant stand pulis or his tactics and certainly didnt want him. but if pulis was here when we played roth wycombe  etc do you think performances would have been as bad?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Carlos came in with a win win situation ? Nobody had heard of him and an influx of quality players that we’d never in a million yrs thought we’d possess only a few months before? He was bright infectious and gave us some of the best football seen in 20 odd yrs? Then injuries and him trying to tweak and not signing players we needed instead of players’arriving’ all went wrong? Jos arrived with the charisma of a lettuce and looked like a builder working away who didn’t really want to be there. The cash flow had stopped by then and that was that ! Bruce old style manager seemed to pull team and fan base back together and things were looking up? Now whether he would have got backed remote be seen and then monk and pulis enough said about those! Whoever comes in hope he gets backed and given a bit of time if these new people bring manager and players that are better than we have great , then I’m not bothered we’re he from and chansiri more out of the picture great !!

Couldn’t be further from the truth. The Majority of the fans wanted Stuart Gray to be given the opportunity to show what he could do. He’d worked miracles on a shoestring the season before. Any new manager is under immediate pressure if the fans didn’t want the old manager to leave. 

I can only speak for myself but, I didn’t have us anywhere near the play offs that first season. We’d signed decent players who were an improvement in what we’d already got but, I don’t personally think many expected the play offs.

• Like 2