Nixon saying it's going to be a foreign manager

Hope we unearth a gem. Not bothered with the style of football, just as long as we set up to win games. I'd have liked a lower league manager but a foreign coach with a more attacking mindset and a fresh approach, might bring back some excitement. The risk is that we'll get another Jos or someone that's had numerous jobs and little to show for it. We need someone that will give the whole club a philosophy and something to believe, this time we need to somehow find our own Nuno Santo; Wagner, Farke, Hasenhuttl or Bielsa type. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

i cant stand pulis or his tactics and certainly didnt want him. but if pulis was here when we played roth wycombe  etc do you think performances would have been as bad?

He was here for the 10 games after that and his record was worse. 

I just think the players didn't want to play like this for the rest of there time here and it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Reach, Bannan and Lees went to Chansiri and said if you think we are signing on for another 2 years of this, think again.

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

So Mr C and his band of merry advisors didn't know Pulis played dour, boring, non entertaining football?

Of course they did but they robably thought that that was what's necessary to keep us up and were probably told pulis would have a rocket up their backsides from day one and it would go from there. It didn't.

If you are going to play the pulis type of football you have to be successful at it straight away or at least show signs you are going to be or the players will hate playing it.

• Like 2

Just now, canadianowl said:

I remember reading the day Pulis was sacked we were set in bringing in a former Barnsley manager? The name escapes me but the Barnsley supporters said you're f**ked if you take him.

Morais and apparently no truth in the link, thank goodness.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£2 million mate

That's what I want

If Pulis can get that much for 6 weeks work then I deserve it for years of having to put up with the mental agony of reading this lots nonsense 24 hours a day

It’s not like you contribute your own nonsense is it ?

😇

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£2 million mate

That's what I want

If Pulis can get that much for 6 weeks work then I deserve it for years of having to put up with the mental agony of reading this lots nonsense 24 hours a day

Mate, That’s like saying someone working in a shop should be paid 2 million because they have to deal with people, mate. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£2 million mate

That's what I want

You need to find yourself a little hobby lol

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If Chansiri actually backs a manager and sees it through, we might stand half a chance of moving forward again. His constant chopping & changing and half-arsed measures are killing us.

I'd argue the opposite. He stuck with Carlos, Jos and Monk for too long. I don't disagree on your less than fully formed buttocks theory though.