Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Even with Doyen it was a case of them making suggestions via email which DC then either acted on or chose not to. We seemed to get a lot of ageing professionals out our way, anyone remember Mark Davies?!

Whether it’s any good depends on what their recommendations turn out to be and whether they have any stake in things beyond payment for hourly rates.

DC would never have had the knowledge to go it alone. Those ageing pros, who had all seen better days, smacked of someone who’s knowledge of football was a few years out of date. Hence the appointment of Pulis. Maybe the penny has dropped and DC now recognises he was badly advised. 
I hope so, because we really need to modernise this football club, if we are to again be relevant

• Like 1

DC clearly needs support from the wider football experts and this may be the first moves in that direction. 

In the end, for all his buffoonery, DC is our only current hope, so let's at least hold out some faith and support that he changes and gets a team and plan together for the future.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Maybe the “other reasons” Pulis was sacked is because we’ve taken on this new investment/partnership and they will have an input in the next manager choice. And maybe it’s a reason why Pulis wanted out too when he learned about the new structure at the club. I.e. like at wolves we’ll have players given to us rather than the manager having full control 

I think this may have been the issue leading to his demise.

’Right Delph, we need a new attacking midfielder’, ‘but we have one Tone, Izzy Brown, he led the league on assists last year’, ‘he’s poo Delph’, ‘how do you know Tone, you have never played him’. ‘Ok, let’s move on. We need a new left back........’

As an example, it is virtually impossible to judge what Kachunga has to offer, as he has never had a kick, let alone achieved match fitness etc. The chairman employs a recruitment team and a coach to coach the players he has, he is well within his rights to ask why they haven’t been played. Of course players were bought for a different coach with different needs, but I am surprised at the total lack of game time for some of our players.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

WBD are agents, representing players all around the world (credit to them some very high profile ones too). Don’t think they will be advising on business decisions but probably players (young and available) similar to the links that Wolves have with Jorge Mendes.

Amongst many, one of the reasons DC and TP disagreed on I am told is that TP wanted to bring in a number of players who were experienced (aged 29-32) who were wanting 3 year deals on £30k-50k p/w. This appears to go against the possible new direction.

might be hearsay but does stack up a little if WBD are indeed in the house.

I always thought that TP would be looking to bring in experience and players in that age range are going to want good contracts.

Whether it’s a case of DC being unwilling or unable to offer these type of contracts is open to question but let’s be honest you appoint someone like TP and this is the type of backing he would expect.

Going forward it would be nice to see a long term plan but given the way DC has run the club for the last 6 years, this looks really unlikely?

For the time being I think the job Is Thompson’s to lose. I say this because given TP’s abrupt departure, I don’t see us being busy in January. So in many ways we have to go with what we’ve got. Risky I know but it doesn’t look like we have much choice?

If NT can get performances out of the established players, Bannan, Lees, Westwood, Reach, Palmer et al, allayed with his knowledge of the kids and no one will know more about them than NT (He’s had success with some of these lads in the past at under-23 level). We may yet stay up?

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Don’t follow football in any way then

Because that’s the game

I don't.  It's a filthy sewer of corruption and grift.

Once Chansiri has finally killed off Wednesday for good, the Asian and Middle Eastern TV viewers can keep it, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3