Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

31 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Shows that hes not going anywhere soon

That's what I thought too. I'll check them out later, but it sounds good and that he might be starting to get help with certain things. Long may it continue if so and it works well. Maybe a bit too much positive thinking on my end haha, but I'll take any good news at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Wonder if Chansiri has sourced a massive stash of new cash

No point bringing these folks in if there is no money to play with

With absolutely no basis whatsoever I’m choosing to believe this...bring on the spendageddon.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

Might be a good move or might just end up with us being a dumping ground for more players who are crocks, past it or both.

Let's wait and see. Does this mean Piaxao has got the boot.

Paso has got more sticking power than gorilla glue. He’ll be advising the new group.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a bad thing that DC is reaching out to others for advice; since it does at least suggest he recognizes the need for it.

Still, at a time when it's going to become much harder to sign players from the EU, I can't help thinking that unless this guy has a solid base of links to British clubs, we're not going to be getting half as much value from him as we would've done in previous transfer windows.

Same as with links to managers that have hitherto been based mostly in the EU really; whatever network of contacts and links they might have, I imagine their reach over here is limited.

10 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Is there any evidence that DC allows anyone to make the final decision on anything associated with this club. We have had good experienced people who have left quicker that they arrived.

The excercise in theory is what should have been in place when he took over the club but, how can anyone trust this chairman to hand over recruitment / playing matters to another source other than our 'great friend Paxo'. We can't even pay the playing staff so another recruitment team would be pointless as no one would entertain putting pen to paper with this outfit. 

Ever thought DC won’t pay the players, rather than can’t pay the players.

He might think the players are taking the pi*ss and is giving them a bit back in return.