Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

DC would never have had the knowledge to go it alone. Those ageing pros, who had all seen better days, smacked of someone who’s knowledge of football was a few years out of date. Hence the appointment of Pulis. Maybe the penny has dropped and DC now recognises he was badly advised. 
I hope so, because we really need to modernise this football club, if we are to again be relevant

Maybe, but I think with the signings of Bannan, FF, Fox, Winnall, Joao etc there was a finger on the pulse. But there is money to be made by agents with clients who have a couple of good years left and want to maximise income. That’s what that was all about and DC bought it.

Pulis also had never been relegated and lowest position only 12 month prior was 7th. It made sense to get someone to organise and keep us up if nothing else and steady the ship over 2 years. But he  didn’t organise us much and if true he wanted older heads and had negged the current team too much he would need to go.

Will wait and see on the new approach, but hopefully more akin to Swansea and Brentford or Barnsley.

16 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Not sure if mentioned, but remember when chansiri said in his last press conference about social media scuppering a big deal , well could this be the big deal reinstated and this is what he was talking about ?

I thought that earlier. Deals like that never totally go off the table, always the chance of being revisited if there was a lot of work that went into it in the first place?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF IS GOING ON

DC and his advisers scrawling Owlstalk and told him to remove it? 

So unprofessional though isn’t it let’s be honest. We’ve only heard of this bloke through an article by The Athletic. Then a look on his Instagram he is a shareholder at SWFC and now he’s removed it and set it to private.

We are a basket case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

DC and his advisers scrawling Owlstalk and told him to remove it? 

So unprofessional though isn’t it let’s be honest. We’ve only heard of this bloke through an article by The Athletic. Then a look on his Instagram he is a shareholder at SWFC and now he’s removed it and set it to private.

We are a basket case.

Did it say "shareholder" or "shareholder at SWFC" ?

12 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Quite a few, trust me.

Such as?

I would have thought you would know names of these players Pulis was expecting to sign on 30-50K per week for 3 years?

Given that we have got rid of most of our high earners and have been deducted points due to our wage bill leaving our finances out of control I find this highly unlikely. Pulis continually referenced the fact that the owner has apparently spent £350M and how it hasn't worked out for him, I can't see how he would expect to bring in ageing players on big money with long contracts.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I have been hoping for a really quiet day on here for the last month as I need to do a server upgrade

Every day some madness happens and it gets busy again

lol

I don't think the madness ends for a while yet. 

This is bonkers even for us. 

What next? Clubs been sold? 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 3

Hmmmm.... From the WBD LinkedIn pages

'WBD Capital is the leading private equity fund in investments in companies in Spain that are going through special situations, of particular complexity and / or that require transformation processes. In this sense, it typically invests in both the equity and the debt of companies that have a good strategic position but that face significant strategic, operational, financial or shareholder challenges. '

• Haha 1