Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

Never heard of them, not a lot of information around on them. May well have invested in some capacity but don't strike me as super wealthy in football terms. 

I suppose change is good as Chansiri was struggling, only time will tell whether that change is effective. 

The positive should be that Paxo will be gone, but suspect he'll still be ghosting around the corridors of Hillsborough. Either these will replace or limit his input, or be used as a screen to limit critisism of him. 

At least we'll have a different voice and hopefully stop fishing in the same shitty Paxo pond of contacts.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Yet here you with your 4,000 posts discussing football

Up until a few months ago it seemed there was still a chance that something could be salvaged.

Then the Americans turned up with their vile franchiseball plan and literally no one in the Football League made a peep of criticism.

It's a complete write-off, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

One thing I do find confusing is that Eric Alonso lists himself as a shareholder of SWFC but my understanding is that would be 3rd party influence and under EFL rules is apparently not allowed. Might be wrong, I’m sure someone will clarify.

Great, another 12 point deduction to come 

:duntmatter:

Not sure this is a great move.

Look at the list of clubs and it looks quite exciting, but then if they are advising them all on players surely Cardiff being in the same league is a conflict of interest IF they are still working with them.

It's another one of those mad circles of sign these players and make us money doing so.

Just bring in a Sporting director if you're wanting to go down the agency route.

Stuart Webber from Norwich is exactly the type of person we need to look at or someone similar doubt he'd come here though tbh.

Had success with Norwich and was part of Huddersfield getting into the Prem, developing youth players and selling them for good money.

Recommend going and listening to some of his interviews very informative and interesting.

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Interesting to see who they are agent to.

Also says shareholder of swfc. Therefore Chansiri must have sourced some investment?

Screenshot_20201230-092053_Instagram.jpg

Figo as the new manager maybe!!! Depay providing the ammunition for Lukaku 🤣

7 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Not sure this is a great move.

Look at the list of clubs and it looks quite exciting, but then if they are advising them all on players surely Cardiff being in the same league is a conflict of interest IF they are still working with them.

It's another one of those mad circles of sign these players and make us money doing so.

Just bring in a Sporting director if you're wanting to go down the agency route.

Stuart Webber from Norwich is exactly the type of person we need to look at or someone similar doubt he'd come here though tbh.

Had success with Norwich and was part of Huddersfield getting into the Prem, developing youth players and selling them for good money.

Recommend going and listening to some of his interviews very informative and interesting.

Those clubs are listed as clients so he/they can put them if they have represented a player during a transfer to or from that club.

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Nancy Frostick reporting in The Athletic this morning that DC has “formed a partnership” with Erik Alonso, who runs a consultancy firm called WBD Sports Management and will advise him on recruitment and youth development.

Alonso owns Indonesian side Bali United, has links to DC United in the MLS and his clients have included Max Gradel and Emre Mor (ex-Dortmund).

Seems that DC has reverted to the tried and tested “if in doubt get more advisers” method. At least they’re not as shadowy as a certain other associate - this WBD lot have their own website and everything:

https://www.wbdsports.com

I bet I can find a link between them and Paxo. 

• Like 1