Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

Just now, Nero said:

Hmmmm.... From the WBD LinkedIn pages

'WBD Capital is the leading private equity fund in investments in companies in Spain that are going through special situations, of particular complexity and / or that require transformation processes. In this sense, it typically invests in both the equity and the debt of companies that have a good strategic position but that face significant strategic, operational, financial or shareholder challenges. '

Now this would make sense 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That concerns me because a shareholder is NOT and adviser as is being reported in the press. It means he has a share in the club. And now he’s removed it, perhaps he wasn’t supposed to reveal that piece of information? 

This is getting very very sinister. 

I think he has definitely invested in the SWFC company in exchange for a share..

WBD Capital is the leading private equity fund in investments in companies in Spain that are going through special situations, of particular complexity and / or that require transformation processes. In this sense, it typically invests in both the equity and the debt of companies that have a good strategic position but that face significant strategic, operational, financial or shareholder challenges.

• Like 1

Thing is - this could actually be the most exciting news to come out of Sheffield Wednesday in years

It could genuinely be a really positive and exciting partnership

But it wouldn't be Sheffield Wednesday if it was announced as such and we get to meet these new guys and hear their plans

Instead they post on their socials that they are shareholders and once again we're back to fans having to guess and worry

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Nero said:

I think he has definitely invested in the SWFC company in exchange for a share..

WBD Capital is the leading private equity fund in investments in companies in Spain that are going through special situations, of particular complexity and / or that require transformation processes. In this sense, it typically invests in both the equity and the debt of companies that have a good strategic position but that face significant strategic, operational, financial or shareholder challenges.

I'm up for people coming in to help us through a transformative process

If that transformative process includes taking the Chairman out of the decision making

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s just unprofessional. Everything about us is unprofessional.

All stinks. 

Yep. 

We don't know the full story yet though. 

I Imgine as we've now found stuff out, a hasty press release might be in the offing. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm up for people coming in to help us through a transformative process

If that transformative process includes taking the Chairman out of the decision making

And I think that's key, we don't know yet. Best to wait and see what this chap brings to the table. 

We just don't know really. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I don't think the madness ends for a while yet. 

This is bonkers even for us. 

What next? Clubs been sold? 

I’m expecting the club to be sold at some point in the future. This potential link-up may be the first step on that road?

• Thanks 1

Just now, vulva said:

Bottom line is, what we are doing at the minute is a shambles so I can’t see the harm in trying.

Do what you’ve always done and you get what you’ve always got. 

How is this any different to what we’ve done before with Doyen or Paixao advising the club? 

It could turn out great who knows, but given DC’s history I think it’s just part of another tangled web which won’t be good news in the long run.

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

How is this any different to what we’ve done before with Doyen or Paixao advising the club? 

It could turn out great who knows, but given DC’s history I think it’s just part of another tangled web which won’t be good news in the long run.

It might not be but Wolves are doing OK. Our current hotshot recruitment team have unearthed a gem in Cyprus called Hutchinson so let’s hope this lot are better connected. 

• Haha 4