Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

I just hope that the partnership delivers a coherent plan going forward. Who were DC’s advisors when he first took over? That’s when we did our best business, in terms of recruitment, both managerial, and playing staff. We were entertaining and successful

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

WBD are agents, representing players all around the world (credit to them some very high profile ones too). Don’t think they will be advising on business decisions but probably players (young and available) similar to the links that Wolves have with Jorge Mendes.

Amongst many, one of the reasons DC and TP disagreed on I am told is that TP wanted to bring in a number of players who were experienced (aged 29-32) who were wanting 3 year deals on £30k-50k p/w. This appears to go against the possible new direction.

might be hearsay but does stack up a little if WBD are indeed in the house.

You’d hope this sort of thing was discussed before Pulis was offered and accepted the job less than 50 days ago though!

If this means DC is less dependant on old stuffing for advice i am absolutely delighted.

The way TP was touted as Paixao mate and obviously on his say so and resulting performance can not have done anything for DC relationship with current advisor. From the start it was clear it was a wrong selection and has been one of many.

DC has been criticised for decision making but in reality he has been relying on others for advice as he knows nothing about football which has been shown time and time again. If he has moved on to a different person it can only be good thing and not before time. However DC will find numerous sharks are in agent waters and I have no idea if this new bunch are are better than last lot but they could not be any worse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Amongst many, one of the reasons DC and TP disagreed on I am told is that TP wanted to bring in a number of players who were experienced (aged 29-32) who were wanting 3 year deals on £30k-50k p/w. This appears to go against the possible new direction.

Well, that certainly makes better reading!

As much as I can understand TP's plan would be to firefight our way to safety this summer, the last thing we want is to be going down the route of signing players in that age range again.

Ridiculous that DC brought Pulis in at all really. He just didn't think it through at all, which, as we all know, is absolutely typical of him.

This at least would be showing more foresight though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I just hope that the partnership delivers a coherent plan going forward. Who were DC’s advisors when he first took over? That’s when we did our best business, in terms of recruitment, both managerial, and playing staff. We were entertaining and successful

Wasnt it Roeder  Hill  Senior  Pearson and Gray.

If it's general advice then I don't suppose it matters where it comes from (so long as it's good advice!), but if this guy is bringing links and possibly setting up deals then I hope they're going to for players that we can actually sign within the new rules.

Unless, of course, they're for full internationals from some of the more highly rated EU nations!

17 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

WBD are agents, representing players all around the world (credit to them some very high profile ones too). Don’t think they will be advising on business decisions but probably players (young and available) similar to the links that Wolves have with Jorge Mendes.

This fella knows....

WEDNESDAY ARE BACK!! 💙

19 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Our days of paying anyone near 30k are well gone. Not a prayer. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder if Chansiri has sourced a massive stash of new cash

No point bringing these folks in if there is no money to play with

The Premier League made a £200m loan pot available to Championship clubs to draw down from. Interest free loans

About £8.5m per club - not to be used for transfers