WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt

I just have a good feeling, because despite it being midweek, I've now had my morning coffee and a my routine morning read of another terrific OMDT, Lord Snoots!

Tonight's match is not an easy one, Brentford are coming here well aware of how soundly they beat us last time, and while they've lost their main hitman and have started the season in a not too consistent manner, they're looking to build on their performance from last weekend, just like us. But if we take the sting out of the bees, there's no reason this in-form Wednesday team should not be able to come away victorious tonight. And what a statement that would be. While we didn't get all 12 points in the first 6, we'd have got a momentous 11 and that is promotion form right there. Without getting carried away and thinking of promotion, but it means we should not be anchored to the bottom of the table for long if we continue as we've started.

But, losses will also come; just not tonight!

Come on Wednesday!!

WAWAW

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 points tonight would be absolutely brilliant, we owe them a game after that performance last season. A point would be a decent result though. Come on Wednesday!!!!! As for the line up I would like to see Marriott start, Kachunga also back on the bench. If Brown isn’t fit, I hope Windass plays in his position. 

• Love 1

I absolutely concur with your observations regarding Flint. In my opinion he’s the sort of defender that we have been missing.

If I was a centre forward I would relish the prospect of playing against a centre half who had delusions of grandeur regarding his football skills... he’d be there for the taking.

I would be less enthusiastic to play against a big miserable looking bloke who was only to happy to despatch the ball, and me into row Z

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Big game tonight, looking forward to it but with a sense of foreboding similar to Saturday and yet that turned out well. 

Brentford aren't all that, certainly richer in the bank than on the pitch this year, but once again brought in a player (not for peanuts this time though) who is scoring goals.

However, we should be on a high and with two home games now with the theoretical advantage of not having to travel have elevated expectations.

That said, it's times like this when there is light at the end of a dark tunnel that Wednesday have a knack of letting us down so taking nothing for granted. 

Hoping for a win, but expect a 1-1 draw tonight, more confident of a win at the weekend.

Top OMDT Mi' Lud

One can start to see the development of a plan and more importantly of a team.

F1uk EFL, the 12 points has a galvanising effect IMO.

Let's complete the team by getting behind them.

DC for his all pitiful failings has invested in letting GM bring players in.

GM has stuck with it and despite some weird selections seems to be getting a group of talented and less-so players to coalesce around a strategy that hopefully creates something that is greater than the sum of the parts.

We have what we have.

We will have dips along the way but we can really help by supporting them to the hilt.

C'MON WEDNESDAY 

C'MON LADS

UTO FkTEFL

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Wish I'd skipped over that stat about the ref. I'm a bit Han Solo about tonight after the last time we played em and seeing that hasn't helped me. I may have to have a drink on a school night which is normally unheard of chez LMC. 

Would snap many hands off for a point, such is my pessimism about this fixture. 

Why the pessimism, we have won more points than Brentford this season.

Good time to play them before they get last season’s disappointment out of their system.

Think positive always.

• Like 1

Nice one Snoots! A very relaxing read this morning...none of that banter with Stubbs to wind us all up. Thinking of going out and blockading the Tamar Bridge later to repel all incomers and emmets, a bit like the Wednesday defence toneet,( or might just take the tractor down the A38 for a bit, just to annoy folk). An honourable draw will do against ‘they bad boys from Brentford’...but let’s have a sneaky 1-0 win instead, just to put down a marker for the rest of the division! 😉

Excellent omdt mi lord, eagerly consumed over a bowl of crunchy nut. I was tickled by the Mario Kempes track & trace moniker. :biggrin: As random as it gets. 

Now there's a chap with some proper beau locks.

I also enjoyed the players' movement diagram. Reminded me of the Dad's Army intro. ↗️ ↘️ ↕️

And that's exactly what we'll need tonight. I'm going with the classic old mantra; anybody can beat anybody in this league.

Just remember, Barnsley beat full strength Brentford on the last day of the season.

So we bloody can.

A nervy 2-1 win.

UTO. 

• Like 1