WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt

Wish I'd skipped over that stat about the ref. I'm a bit Han Solo about tonight after the last time we played em and seeing that hasn't helped me. I may have to have a drink on a school night which is normally unheard of chez LMC. 

Would snap many hands off for a point, such is my pessimism about this fixture. 

• Like 1

Brentford are a quick and creative side whose brightest attacking players will make mugs of many a defender this season. Let’s hope for some perspective if there are any forced errors at the back after such strong performances last week.

Not that I’m necessarily expecting there to be, you understand - I’m not getting my excuses in early. I just feel that we seem to be in an ok place confidence-wise, for the first time in a long time (ironic given our -12, but such is the importance of a unified dressing room), and I think it’s gonna be vital to our longer-term prospects this campaign. It must continue to galvanise.

If this game is to be won, it’ll be through full-team mettle and work rate. We have talent in areas to rival the best of Brentford, but their quality is arguably more evenly spread. I’d take a draw in light of our (inexplicable, but apparently yet-to-be-exorcised) home turf hoodoo, but it’s not a game we can’t win. We may have to muscle, bully and badger our way to victory here though - I fear any degree of sitting back and inviting pressure will not end well, particularly if we’re trying to cling on in that cursed last 15min.

Best foot forward, let’s get at them from the off. I’m also hoping for substitutions that make sense both tactically and physically, and allow us to keep up intense pressure on the ball - if not necessarily the Brentford goal - for the full 90. UTO.

• Like 3